It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recipe for real Soul Cakes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I had meant to share this pre-Halloween, but bah. I got so busy. I didnt have my huge party this year, but I did bake a few things for special folks. One of these things was the Soul Cake. I had a recipe I THINK I shared here a few years ago, but was given this recipe and like it MUCH better than my own due to the fresh hazelnuts and the type if tea. Im a big Bergamot lover.. so naturally Earl Grey sold me on these. If anyone cares, I can put the origins and customs and etc associated with the cakes.. but I like them at certain times. My own personal stuffs.

/2 cup fresh berries
1/2 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts ( I added a few almonds as well)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup hot strong black tea (I used a combination of ginger and Earl Grey)
1 large egg
1 tsp of nutmeg
1 tsp cardamom
1 tsp cinnamon
A few tablespoons of chopped candied ginger (optional)
pinch of salt
2 1/2 cups of self-rising flour

Combine berries, nuts and brown sugar. Add the hot tea, stir well, cover and allow to soak for an hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a muffin/cupcake pan.Beat the egg into your wet mixture, adding the flour in 1/2 up batches, beating well after each edition.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until toothpick comes out clean (around 45 min.)
Let cool in the pan before turning out.

I looked EVERYWHERE all year to find the perfect muffin tin type thing for these. Something that I liked.. but finally found it on eBay. LOL! I got a cast iron muffin pan type thing with leaves and berries.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Sounds Delish..... you should get some pics added.
a reply to: Advantage

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
Sounds Delish..... you should get some pics added.

Ugh, I never take pics. Never occurs to me.. I even owe a thread pics of my aquarium this weekend LOL! Next time I make them Ill dig up this thread .. if I remember!

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Wait a little while and the recipe for spirit cooking will be released soon too!

edit on 5112016 by DodgyDawg because: (no reason given)

top topics

join