It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hip Replacement Today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Thank you! If you do end up having surgery, hope you'll have a speedy recovery.you will definitely feel so much better once it's all healed up. It's amazing how fair hip replacements have come in the last few years. With the anterior approach, rehab is much easier than the posterior. There is so much muscle back there, can't imagine the healing process with those. Joint replacements are also lasting a lot longer then they use to.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Oh my gosh, what a time you've had.

I hope you find relief and can live pain free with this surgery.

The advancements in medicine are great for folks like you and healing time seems to be even quicker.

As far as judgemental people who assume you don't need to be parking in the handicapped spot...you're correct, we don't know what's going on inside someone else's body.
My children's father looks healthy and young on the outside and he is exactly the opposite on the inside.

Good luck and speedy recovery!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Congrats, Jenny, from another "hipster." 'Had a left total hip replacement 3 years ago and never looked back. What an amazing surgery and an amazing change it makes in your life. Now, I like to brag about my "$90K arse."
Enjoy the R&R as you recover, and all the pain-free days ahead.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Thank you so much, hopefully it's very speedy.

It's hard not to let the judgmental get to you, I always try but sometimes it's too much. Trying not to get angry is so difficult, then I remember they don't understand and don't have the knowledge of dealing with chronic pain. That helps, sometimes, lol.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

Like that, hipsters, lol! Totally stealing that

Glad to hear you got relief from your pain, it's brutal isn't it.

Thank you for your kind words and am looking forward to those pain free days ahead. Wish it could have been done a few years earlier, but hey, I'll take it.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The technology sure has come a long way, thankfully!

Its good to hear someone getting rid of chronic pain. It truly is something that is impossible to understand without experiencing it day in and day out, and bone pain is.. rough.

If its anything like my replacements, it can be quite accurate with incoming weather

Make sure to keep stretching!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

The tech has come so far, can't even imagine where it will be in 10-20 years.

Been doing ankle pumps all morning, went for a walk with a walker and got in and out of bed all by myself! It's the little things, you know.

Do you have titanium? My left one is titanium and can always tell when the weather is going to change and when rain is coming. The new one is ceramic, it will be interesting to see if it works as a weather indicator as well.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Yeah, titanium.. I'm curious about that ceramic too actually. I'd expect it to be less reactive, but I also always thought the weather stuff was exaggerated before I experienced it myself. Its certainly not always pleasant!

That's awesome that you are getting in and out of bed yourself
It probably doesn't need to be said, but still be careful! Falling down after a fresh surgery sucks.. heh.

I kind of hope that electronics and such will eventually be integrated into this stuff. I'm not really into "transhumanism," but I can't deny the appeal of my hip replacement doing cool stuff beyond just working.

I got lucky though, had it been much longer, I would probably have lost my leg. Still would be cool to be able to change the TV channel by tapping on my hip... Or even better, be able to turn the lights off without getting out of bed!

Do you have any issues with itching around the healed incision? Obviously, it does while healing, but sometimes mine flares up quite badly. Its like a mosquito bite times ten, and gets worse and worse til I put some prescription itch cream on it.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

It's crazy how the titanium reacts to the weather, but it's a nice little forecaster
Glad you were able to get the hip replaced before losing your leg, that would have been awful.

Pretty likely that they'll have 'smart replacements' at some point, preformed as an outpatient procedure. I'm home now, only in the hospital for 36 hours, from pre-op to release. It's unbelievable to be home so quickly, it's got to be better for the healing process though. There is no place like home!

Do you have any issues with itching around the healed incision? Obviously, it does while healing, but sometimes mine flares up quite badly. Its like a mosquito bite times ten, and gets worse and worse til I put some prescription itch cream on it.

Come to think of it, it did feel like a super bite. I had itching for the first couple of years, pretty badly actually. Now it only occasionally itches but nothing like it did. Also used the Rx cream, it was very helpful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join