It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek Fans - Feast your eyes on the new --- USS Discovery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ishum

Soon many nerdboys will be raging over STD

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: misterhistory
The problem there is the registry numbers, way too low for Starfleet and Klingons to be working together.

That's not necessarily the case. There has never been any evidence that you can estimate where a starshp resides on a timeline based solely on its registry number.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Umm...hate to tell you but most of the four digit registry numbers fall before TNG era.

I was looking up Google for details a few days ago when I first came across the new series' ship and the general consensus I've found is the three and four digit numbers are post ENT to some time before TNG with many commissioned still flying about by even DS9/VOY.

a reply to: _BoneZ_

True, but where after TNG do you find a four digit NCC outside of ships like the Enterprises? The deflector design also looks closer to WoK era deflectors.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Is that actually real? It looks like a fan made trailer. If its real from cbs the cgi is terrible.
edit on 26-7-2016 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Really liked the music! More edgy than usual.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
There's plenty of whiners complaining about the ship, but I like it. It grows on you, IMO. Remember folks, a lot of people bitched about TNG's Galaxy class's look deviating too far from TOS' Constitution class. Then people bitched the Sovereign class in the movies deviated too far from the Connie & Galaxy.

originally posted by: ishum
OH OH!! what about the acronym?

you have TOS, TNG, DS9, VOG, ENT, then you have STD?

When was the last time you heard a reference to STV, or STE? It'll follow the others as DIS, alongside VOY & ENT. ST is never abbreviated as part of the series name. TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT and TAS demonstrate that it never catches on.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Think the ship looks beautiful - now wether or not CBS can write a Star Trek show with good dialogue, exploration, and diplomacy with other races as opposed to monster of the week adventures and explosions is yet to be seen.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
Think the ship looks beautiful - now wether or not CBS can write a Star Trek show with good dialogue, exploration, and diplomacy with other races as opposed to monster of the week adventures and explosions is yet to be seen.

I think it's already been said by staff (specifically Fuller, I believe) that this is going to be more novel-like, and less aliens V Feds pew-pew-pew of the week.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Thought the galaxy class was actually a good evolution of the design. i liked it. other then this discovery ship ive not had a problem with the designs i've seen. but i'm not a devout follower, fanboy or whatever. . this one just looks terrible.

as for the STD, that's just a little fun. but, i'm sure some will use it just to pester those that are too serious about such things.

need some good space exploration sci-fi. hope this will be better then i think it will.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ishum

In my opinion, the Galaxy Class was the ugliest of them all. This design has much potential if they do it correctly.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

"Galaxy Class was the ugliest of them all." Blasphemy!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

One would think it's probably loaded with shuttles with an engineering hull like that, I'm hoping for very deep space charting by this thing.

Could be wrong and it's all cargo bays and we're looking at a 23-24 century version of a long haul trucker.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join