It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank the Internet Gods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
For Above Top Secret.com...

Not just saying that either. I realize election cycles are sometimes nasty. I get that. I'm also not a particularly sensitive person, but I do have my limits.

Scrolling through the the Facebook pages of NBC News, Breitbart, MSNBC, and Fox and reading the comments is very discouraging. Every comment I feel more and more discouraged to want to share the same atmosphere with some people. The most vitriolic and disgusting things said about each other, not to mention all the death threats and other harassment that people engage in by simply disagreeing.

Then I come to ATS. Many of the same stories are posted here, but the conversation is wildly different. we get our heated debates. Sometimes it can get a little ugly. But ATS is by and large a respectful community where it is possible to have a debate with more than simple 4 letter words and ALL CAPS!

We have it pretty good here I think. I'm just about a year and a half short of a decade as a member here, but every day is something new, and the amount I have learned about so many subjects and what that has taught me about myself is incalculable.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I, too, am grateful for ATS. Especially in times like these.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Can I ask ... Did you ETS?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I too am grateful for ATS. I live here.
The community here is wonderful and I will never leave.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Yes, in January.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Yes, in January.

Cool. Hope you landed on your feet.

Bet you gave your folks plenty of gray hairs being deployed so much.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Nice post. You make a great post. This has certainly got to be the most civil place where people can discuss political things online. I am grateful for ATS as well.

The comments section on virtually any MSM article from the sources you list is truly terrifying. It is even worse knowing that people are actually attaching their real name, face, and school onto those threatening comments most of the time as it is done through Facebook. It boggles the mind.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Did he what?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Did he what?

That was Army talk for ... get out.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more, it's why I keep coming back. ATS is my sanctuary.

I'm more of a reader than poster, back/forth insult slinging is boring, a huge waste of time.

On a planted aquarium forum a member got nasty over aquatic moss. I couldn't believe it after telling me what a lying POS I was, he said "pics or it didn't happen." LOL, who knew, I'm a disinfo agent.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Nah. I'm 32. Joined at a later age than most. My mom was already used to deployments because of my brother.

My wife and daughter we the more worried ones.

But leaving the military wasn't exactly what I wanted. Got medically separated due to injuries from Afghanistan.

It's all good though. I'm well taken care of and I work full time. Starting school in a couple of months so I've got that going for me.

edit on 25 7 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

What will you be going to school for?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Night Star
Did he what?

That was Army talk for ... get out.

Thanks for clarifying that! I had no clue what you were talking about.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Machining, automation, and later on I'll be pursuing a degree in advanced robotics.

Imma build some neat stuff.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Yeah I actually like people here (almost all), even the ones that probably hate me.

It seems more human. I think because we're more intimately aware of each other. So when someone is an ass about something, it's easier to remember them being kind to a member going through a hard time than other places. It feels more much more personal.

There's like one person here who I wouldn't actually enjoy having a beer with, and he doesn't post much at all anymore.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Night Star

Machining, automation, and later on I'll be pursuing a degree in advanced robotics.

Imma build some neat stuff.

Oh Lord, don't set the artificial intelligent robots after us. LOL

Sounds like some fascinating stuff ahead for you. I wish you all the luck in the world!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Yeah I actually like people here (almost all), even the ones that probably hate me.

I almost thought you'd never warm up to me. -giggle

top topics

join