It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Barkley Says Black People Have ‘Got to Do Better’ Amid Racial Tensions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

What I want to hear? Me?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
edit on 7/14/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Also?

Don't reply to me with this tirade. This is not addressing anything I said past the first part about the how sick I am bout people throwing those terms around.

God I hate this place sometimes

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

And discrimination always seems to come along with poverty, think about it they are also the butt of jokes, illegals, urban black youth, hillbilly's etc etc we tend to look down on these groups and one thing they have in common is they tend to be poor .

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

And discrimination always seems to come along with poverty, think about it they are also the butt of jokes, illegals, urban black youth, hillbilly's etc etc we tend to look down on these groups and one thing they have in common is they tend to be poor .

Indeed we as a species really enjoy other peoples misery, it feels good to look down on the downtrodden, it will also wind up making us all miserable at some point or another

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think I got it...video from Dan LeBatard Show....(had to upload to youtube myself...) the entire interview can be heard here(the race commentary begins 5 minutes in with the Miko Grimes/antisemitism ordeal...)

(My favorite Barkley quote from this..."I've been black my whole life Dan!" lol...leave it to charles...)

A2D
edit on 14-7-2016 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Round mound of rebound.

Barkley was my favorite player as a kid and I have his biography and a book of his outrageous quotes from '93.

He always tells it like it is, or at least how he sees things. But cops are shooting unarmed black men who aren't always criminals on a regular basis and never getting punished.

They must be held accountable for their crimes. The police are turning into thugs.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Shahada

There is no doubt that police seem to be out of control. The topic is accountability. As Charles says, even as an epic scrapper, if he is struggling with somebody and he hears somebody says gun then he is shooting the guy.

Doesn't there need to be some consideration of circumstances rather than a rote response of outrage?

Does any of this justify killing officers not involved and harming innocent protesters in the process?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

not you specfically, just using that phrase, saying what you want to hear.

barkley steps up to plate for black folks, especially black athletes. he is suppose to have an opinion and is free to express it, its just his opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join