It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feline in the Shadows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The beat of the music thrummed through her veins, the heavy rhythm an unnatural entity that flowed around her, lovingly embraced her, and caressed her very soul as she could no longer contain her primal urges and allowed her body free reign to mindlessly twist and turn to the euphoric tunes. The music came from no where and everywhere, it surrounded her completely as she wallowed in the isolation of her chamber late this night, so mesmerised by the rhythm she did not think to question from whence the music originated.

Few candles adorned the walls of the scarcely decorated room, the flames flickered to and fro, a gentle waver in the otherwise stillness, slight movements that the bare eye would never have noticed, and slowly the deliberate slither of a shadow crept along the floor and found its way to a cold dark corner, undetected; the girl remained unaware.

She twirled and danced to the music that only she could hear, spinning about faster and faster, a light sweat beading upon her lip, the shining curls of her long golden hair flowing about her body as she moved to the unnatural beat; her pulse quickening, her heart rapidly beating, her mind devoid of all thought but the rhythm that infiltrated within and swam throughout.

Slowly the bizarre music began to disappear and her world became silent once more. With panting breaths, she collapsed near exhaustion to the floor and quietly lay upon the cold stone, her golden hair a shroud about her body, the only sound emanated from within, her heart pounding against her chest and thudding dully in her ears.

For several long minutes she lay breathless upon the floor, the chill of the stone almost pleasurable against the heat of her flesh, the swiftness of her heart’s beat slowing as each passing moment faded into oblivion, the soft whisper of a sing-song voice near inaudible above the thud of her heart.

“Ahh, fair maiden,
How splendid, indeed,
With such elegant grace,
Your desires shall be freed.
Oh, please do not worry,
Please do not be alarmed,
I was but entranced,
And I do remain charmed.
The flow of your limbs,
And the swirl of your hair,
Your skin pale as the moon,
And you move with such flair!
I greet you with great joy,
It is such a pleasure,
And if I may ask your permission,
Another moment, may I treasure?”

She wearily lifted her face from the floor and peered tiredly about the room, the owner of the whispers unseen, vague recollections tried and failed to come to mind through the strength of her exhaustion, and unwittingly she silently breathed the word, “Yes.” entirely forgetting the past lessons she had partaken which had endeavoured to teach herself and the other children not to let them in.

The small flames from the few candles suddenly flared into being! Larger and brighter than ever before! Pure light filled the room except for the one cold dark corner the undetected shadow had crept towards, the corner that remained as dark as night in the newfound brilliance of the chamber.

She raised her tired eyes and squinted at the corner, imagining the shape of a feline hidden deep within the dark recesses, and she blinked once, twice, her eyelids heavy after such exertion, the shadow doubling, tripling, before her weighty eyes. She tried to ask who the voice belonged to, but her tongue felt heavy and swollen within the confines of her mouth, a vague despair washed over her but she was powerless to react to the emotion, and dully she stared at the corner, watching as the creeping shadow feline slowly walked over to her and sat by her face, purring.

“Sleep, fair maiden,
And never you fear,
For I will protect you now,
I will always be near.”

Her weighty eyes came to a close as she fell into the depths of sleep, unaware of the creeping feline transforming into a dark mist and flowing into her being through the deepness of her sleeping breaths, unaware that she and that which appeared feline were now one, and they would be one forever.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Oh my Gosh!

Kaelci!

Fabulous. It read like a love story for me!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Hi Birdie!

I'm glad that you liked it

I'm doing some brainstorming with my story's history... because I'm writing the third part of the story first, and I have a first part planned, but I needed a second part with another girl. I'm thinking this girl with a fiend living within her shall be my second.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelcibeginning catch is so far excellent... you know I take my time reading excellence😊

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Amazing!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat
Take as long as you need!

a reply to: Quantum12
Thanks Q!

top topics

join