It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama & Black Lives Matters Is To Blame For The Violence Against Blacks and Cops In America!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I honestly believe that the internet and its information overload is creating a nation of idiots.

Things are far less violent these days. You just hear about the violence on a loop and think it's everywhere.

And the because Obama crap is getting really old. I swear some of you should just crawl under your beds and stay there for the next 190 days. Guns sales up, and oh this...

And what the hell is wrong with this?

"To admit we’ve got a serious problem in no way contradicts our respect and appreciation for the vast majority of police officers who put their lives on the line to protect us every single day. It is to say that, as a nation, we can and must do better to institute the best practices that reduce the appearance or reality of racial bias in law enforcement.

"That's why, two years ago, I set up a Task Force on 21st Century Policing that convened police officers, community leaders, and activists. Together, they came up with detailed recommendations on how to improve community policing. So even as officials continue to look into this week's tragic shootings, we also need communities to address the underlying fissures that lead to these incidents, and to implement those ideas that can make a difference. That's how we'll keep our communities safe. And that’s how we can start restoring confidence that all people in this great nation are equal before the law.

Conveniently ignore and good and any progress and any real steps being taken and just keep sitting at your computers bitching about Obama. That's really mature and useful.

ETA: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Eyeroll

edit on 7/11/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The War On Drugs is most to blame for all of this. The rest is just fuel on the fire of the repression the War On Drugs has brought about.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

What I see is a downward trend. I'd hardly attribute that to one man at the end. If we're going to call it anything but a trend, or rather attribute the trend to any of those people, then GHWB the one single term'er he "did the most".

I don't like any of them BTW.
edit on 11-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Maybe they should have titled this kept falling under...

But you get the point.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I honestly believe that the internet and its information overload is creating a nation of idiots.

Things are far less violent these days. You just hear about the violence on a loop and think it's everywhere.

And the because Obama crap is getting really old. I swear some of you should just crawl under your beds and stay there for the next 190 days. Guns sales up, and oh this...

"To admit we’ve got a serious problem in no way contradicts our respect and appreciation for the vast majority of police officers who put their lives on the line to protect us every single day. It is to say that, as a nation, we can and must do better to institute the best practices that reduce the appearance or reality of racial bias in law enforcement.

"That's why, two years ago, I set up a Task Force on 21st Century Policing that convened police officers, community leaders, and activists. Together, they came up with detailed recommendations on how to improve community policing. So even as officials continue to look into this week's tragic shootings, we also need communities to address the underlying fissures that lead to these incidents, and to implement those ideas that can make a difference. That's how we'll keep our communities safe. And that’s how we can start restoring confidence that all people in this great nation are equal before the law.

Conveniently ignore and good and any progress and any real steps being taken and just keep sitting at your computers bitching about Obama. That's really mature and useful.

You proved my point that he changed nothing. The trend was already happening and went right on going on the decline while he golfed or messed up the middle east or whatever else he did while in office. The rage against the police that is new to his tenure in office is just manufactured hate that is unfounded by the statistics, the very ones you have shown.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Oh geezus.

Well he sure as # didn't make it worse.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Now I am not saying that all was wonderful and there was no racism but prior to Obama stepping foot in the White House, we had made some progress!!

I am purely playing devil's advocate here but this is an interesting comment, isn't it?

Could it be that because Obama is black, that the rise in perceived racism is due to the majority white population simply not accepting a black president?

Don't shoot the messenger here, food for thought is all.

edit on 11-7-2016 by Jonjonj because: fixin stuff

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

It's called the War On Drugs.

You start locking people (blacks in particular) up for doing drugs, and they get socialized into criminality. They get out and then socialize those around them.

Then the Controlled Music Model (MTV, the radio stations, the "Single Release Model" the industry uses to control who gets on the radio/MTV) targets them with Bling Bling Culture, which they can generally only get thru a life of crime...

And what we have is a positive-feedback-loop ensuring the criminal culture will only rise creating more prisoners, to create more criminals, ad infinitum.

So as long as everybody keeps finger pointing and blaming other groups / individuals we'll all just keep eating our tails in this tangled mess.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Could it be that because Obama is black, that the rise in perceived racism is due to the majority white population simply not accepting a black president?

Yeah well I lived in inner city Tampa, and right after he was elected was the first time a black cut in front of me in line, looked at me, snapped her fingers and said: "Obama, Obama, Obama!".

For 8 years before that I dont recall ever being "checked" in line, but at least once per year since then I was and almost had to fight because of it numerous times (which I dont prefer as you tend to get hit in the head: where the brain is).

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

So, in your opinion, under Obama, black people have become more rude?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

My anecdotal impression was definitely YES. The first case there I'll never forget it.

Now I'm out of Tampa, in "little Mexico", and no problems not once so far this year. I like them and their food, although the southern ribs in Tampa damn can they make em! Can also get good Jamaican food in a bunch of spots in Tampa, but they dont make the jerk chicken via smokin' the meat in pimiento wood (they drown it in Walkerswood), but still good.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

So maybe the situation then is this: A lot of white people don't accept a black president; a lot of non-white people expected a lot more from their black president. Ergo, both sides angry, and bingo...unpleasantness on a huge scale.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

My issues with his presidency were much different:
Why I FEAR Obama like no other, like no other.

The Answer: Nobody can possibly subdue the masses like Obama can. That’s why he’s the Ruling Establishment’s man. After 8 years of BushCo. over half the population aren’t just pissed, they’re in complete distrust of the government in general. The control scheme to keep us ignorant and asleep is falling apart at the seams. And even more important than just having a pissed off political party the nations youth are waking up at an ‘alarming’ rate. The youth are the ones who protest. And Black’s have a history of rioting, while the current economic meltdown promises to underhand Blacks in particular.

Only Obama can can get the bulk Democrat’s, The Youth and Minorities under his wing, while at the same time not having too much of the GOP base pissed to all whits end. Consider if Hillary would have “won”: virtually the entire GOP base would have been up in arms. While there will still be an us vs. them sense of defeat and so forth, the same amount of hate wouldn’t exist, especially not right away. And since Obama is apparently in a position to start taking on Neocon foreign policy positions he seems poised keep even some of the staunchest Neocon types content.Besides Hillary wouldn’t have ever had the Obama effect on The Youth.

Meanwhile, it’s The Youth in particular that must be put under wraps. Further, considering African American voter disfranchisement in the past 2 presidential elections, I’d say that they’re already a whits end. What better way to garner their unbridled support than to allow them to ‘vote’ for a ‘Black’ man? For the majority of the population to be willingly controlled, we must trust, we must “Believe In” the system in general and the election process in particular.

That was my prediction before he was elected, where I insisted he would definitely be MADE president no matter what. Damn I hate being right.

Before that quote is a laundry list of trends that showed he was GWB II, all as the reason I DIDNT fear him "like no other", where that 'punchline' there was.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

My issues with his presidency were much different:
Why I FEAR Obama like no other, like no other.

The Answer: Nobody can possibly subdue the masses like Obama can. That’s why he’s the Ruling Establishment’s man. After 8 years of BushCo. over half the population aren’t just pissed, they’re in complete distrust of the government in general. The control scheme to keep us ignorant and asleep is falling apart at the seams. And even more important than just having a pissed off political party the nations youth are waking up at an ‘alarming’ rate. The youth are the ones who protest. And Black’s have a history of rioting, while the current economic meltdown promises to underhand Blacks in particular.

Only Obama can can get the bulk Democrat’s, The Youth and Minorities under his wing, while at the same time not having too much of the GOP base pissed to all whits end. Consider if Hillary would have “won”: virtually the entire GOP base would have been up in arms. While there will still be an us vs. them sense of defeat and so forth, the same amount of hate wouldn’t exist, especially not right away. And since Obama is apparently in a position to start taking on Neocon foreign policy positions he seems poised keep even some of the staunchest Neocon types content.Besides Hillary wouldn’t have ever had the Obama effect on The Youth.

Meanwhile, it’s The Youth in particular that must be put under wraps. Further, considering African American voter disfranchisement in the past 2 presidential elections, I’d say that they’re already a whits end. What better way to garner their unbridled support than to allow them to ‘vote’ for a ‘Black’ man? For the majority of the population to be willingly controlled, we must trust, we must “Believe In” the system in general and the election process in particular.

That was my prediction before he was elected, where I insisted he would definitely be MADE president no matter what. Damn I hate being right.

But isn't what you posted directly the opposite to reality? I mean the GOP are not too opposed to Obama? Youth under control? Black people controlled?

I don't see how that relates to the present there my friend.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Mind control.

I was amongst many in working hard daily trying to get thru to the Bush worshipers his evil, and it took years but by the end most of his minions did come around. We had all these different movements all coming to a head finally... and then came Obama. I saw this scenario unfold where all these 'smart' democrat's (the very people who criticized republicans for their bush worship) were already hopelessly sucked into the same mind trap and here we go another 8 years now trying to get thru to the Dem's now. So after seeing how hard the GOP worked to screw Ron Paul in '08, the one man that could have beat Obama, that was it, I was out. Well i figured I'd wait until re-election to catch the downward trend again when there might be a chance to get thru to people blindsided in his horde. And what do we have? No more 9/11 Truth Movement, no more Anti-American Imperialism Movement, no more End The Fed movement, instead we have PC/SJW mania (i.e. BLM), and total social chaos.

We're kind of derailing the thread now.

Anyways, War On Drugs is the big problem with the OP, which Obama CAN be blamed for it still going on. He's had 8 years to END it, but hasn't. He's done "his job" well, and now, worse than anything I predicted, we have this PC culture induced social de-evolution tearing society apart faster and faster where it's only just getting started.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
qz.com...

The actual stats of homicides in America tell. Different story than the mainstream media.

It seems as if we are our own worst enemy.

It's easy for people to play the victim role than they don't have to take ownership of any of their mistakes.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Good point....! In his speech after the Dallas shooting(s), Obama repeatedly stressed the importance of the brave men and women in Law Enforcement and the need to respect their lives yet he gets called a traitor by the Police Union....I just don't get it. As President, he's showing EMPATHY for people on both sides; civilians and law enforcement. What's wrong with that? Dammed if he does...Dammed if he doesn't.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

No, it is because every single time Obama was given the slightest bit of constructive criticism he had no answer and fell back on the race baiting game!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Yeah lady, you literally have no idea what you're talking about. BLM is the good group and the African American Defense League are the ones who, for instance, radicalized the Dallas shooter. Nice try, though.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

This is a question I was going to ask you when you first posted this thread, and when I ask it, I am in no way being insulting, or trying very hard not to be. If I do insult you, I apologize before hand.

I agree with you for the most part, yet I find myself wondering why you can't see that while he does deserve his fair share of the blame, and being President and have the bully pulpit that he does, his words and actions have more of an effect than say, mine, you can not, and should not, try to lay the blame solely on his shoulders. We all have a share of the blame to bear...a cross, if you will.

Many of us have been just as divisive in our rhetoric over the past eight years, every bit as vitriolic. Radio commentators, TV broadcasters, media moguls, entertainers, the list is as endless as it is discouraging, have added to the cacophony of hate and discord. Rude is the new cool.

Why do so many of you have such a problem seeing this? Is it so hard to look past the partisan blinders? ...and not just those of us who have little use for Pres. Obama, many of his most ardent supporters are just as bad. I won't say worse, 'cause that's simply not the case. Most all of us have instances of being rather horrible, and probably will be again. Unfortunately.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join