It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puzzling game of stats

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Skewed as in: a large amount of non-US citizens on here seem to support the Democratic candidates, and current White House administration.

Go take a look again at Skeptic's poll on political ideology and country of origin. He broke the results down by countries our members are from. You'll notice that the US tends to have (at least at the time of polling) a stronger moderate view, with Left/Right balancing out on here.

But many of the other countries show a very strong left leaning.

Of course there were a lot of Anarchy votes too, hehehehehe.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Of course there were a lot of Anarchy votes too, hehehehehe.

also many "some other random person other than these".

obviously...this is not the place for serious polls.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Without going into these ridiculous labels...your contention is that true Americans then would go for Hillary ?

I don't consider "true American" to be a meaningful label. In this country, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Haven't read the thread, so my apologies if someone else mentioned this already. A year or two ago SO made a poll on ATS gathering the demographics of peoples age and views. It was pretty interesting. The largest demographic on ATS is middle aged, middle class, right wingers. A large number of former military, and lots of blue collar work. It was about a 70/30 split for those who identified left or right (or when center was an option, almost everyone called themselves center).

Basically, ATS is not representative of the general population, and more importantly is not representative of the typical voting demographic.

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
So the average American that does not frequent conspiracy sites is grossly uninformed...?

The average ANYTHING is uninformed. To be entry level competent in a field requires 4-10 years of study, and then experience beyond that. The average experience with any field is one college class and maybe a couple articles they've read on the matter.

I would say that people here are more informed than the average when it comes to politics, but that's because 70% of this sites content these days is politics, and people constantly read about it. Saying it's above average doesn't mean much though because most of the content is still just copy and pasting some random pundit's thoughts on the issue.

Certain people here are what I would call well informed on their topic and they're an excellent source of information on those topics. Those same people though can be just as ignorant as the rest of us on another matter.

but if she wins...doesnt that in the end prove that they were right in the end ? that's obviously more then just 1000 people ?

Again, you're delving into an average, or given the typical formal education of most on ATS below average understanding of math. People have no concept of sample sizes and think that because you can dismiss one poll of 17 people or another poll of 1000 people, that all polls of that size are flawed and that's just not the case. Most of it stems from confirmation bias, if a poll says something contrary to a persons own experience their first reaction is that the poll is messed up (because we all know they're not 100% accurate) rather than that they might be in the minority opinion.

originally posted by: DJW001
Ever notice that some members use images of Che Guevara and other totalitarian figures as their avatars? Puzzle it out.

I've thought about buying and wearing a Che shirt. Not because I agree with his views (the vast majority of them I don't agree with), but because I find it highly ironic that second most commercialized image on the planet (second only to Jesus) is of a hardcore communist revolutionary that despised the private sector and profit.
edit on 7-7-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join