It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Says NO MORE COOKIE DOUGH - EVER?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I just find the FDA uneven in their proposed ban.

How many times have e. coli outbreaks been linked to bagged greens for example? A lot more than flour, and yet I never hear the FDA telling people to never eat salad again. But here they are telling us never to eat cookie dough. I get that one is healthy and other is not, but that's really about the only difference. The risk factor has to be about the same.

So if we can still eat salad despite the risk of e. coli contamination on our greens, we can also eat our raw cookie dough. And let's be plain, it's not like people are gobbling down whole bowl fulls of raw cookie dough. It's simply a treat. A scrap you munch on between rolling out the next sheet to be cut for baking or eating it off the mixer beaters or licking the spoon before it goes in the sink. But we chow on massive bowls of greens all the time because that's sort of the whole point.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
We have seatbelt laws, helmet laws, when are we going to see cookie dough laws?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
It's never been a good idea to eat raw cookie dough.

The article makes a valuable point in that many crops grown in fields can have animal (and human) waste on it.

But they also say you should never eat raw meat. My uncle eats Steak Tartar with a raw egg on top multiple times a year, has been doing so for decades (he's 82), and has never gotten sick. He probably eats this more times in a year than someone would consume raw cookie dough. Not saying you couldn't possibly get sick from eating either/or, but roll the dice and don't deprive yourself on the assumption you might (not definitely will) get sick.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

The article makes a valuable point in that many crops grown in fields can have animal (and human) waste on it.

But they also say you should never eat raw meat. My uncle eats Steak Tartar with a raw egg on top multiple times a year, has been doing so for decades (he's 82), and has never gotten sick. He probably eats this more times in a year than someone would consume raw cookie dough. Not saying you couldn't possibly get sick from eating either/or, but roll the dice and don't deprive yourself on the assumption you might (not definitely will) get sick.

Yrs but if oercentage says 20% of those uncles would die from it then that means from 100 uncles 20 uncles would die. And we cant ask those 20 uncles what they say about it.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Yrs but if oercentage says 20% of those uncles would die from it then that means from 100 uncles 20 uncles would die. And we cant ask those 20 uncles what they say about it.

Correct. It all depends how risk adverse a person is. Different people will view that 20% probability differently.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The only cookie dough I love to eat is home made shortbread.

What about cake batter? That's good raw

Not a fan of cookie dough ice cream.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Meh. Wait til the ruckus dies down, and then go ahead. They've been telling us that for decades.
It's a rare, rare thing. Like that apple problem - from 20 years ago. Or mad cow disease.

Anyway, if I told you guys what I personally witnessed at a sugar beet factory/refinery in Billings, Montana you would swear off processed sugar altogether.

It's amazing what the human body is capable of dealing with.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join