It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas - SWAT - 1 Dead - No News Coverage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Vroomfondel

No, I in fact do not think that every last jackbag that pops a round off through his floor should be investigated for terrorist connections because his ignorant ass resides in a city ISIS mentioned.

Should we also investigate anybody who gets into it with a gay person for possible connections? ISIS doesn't like gays so I mean...there could totally be a connection.

You have your argument hat on and you are ignoring the point so I will try once again and then ignore you.

If ISIS asks its followers to "engage in hostile acts in Las Vegas", and something happens within a day or two in Las Vegas, it would be worth while to at least investigate the incident to determine if there is a connection. Not every incident will be connected. But when there is an active shooter alert the first thing most people wonder is if it is terror related. And if ISIS named that exact location just days before the active shooter alert, even moreso. Its really very simple. All you have to do is take off the agenda-goggles. Not every incident of crime is an act of terror. But if there is even a slight possibility it could be related in some way we owe it to ourselves to investigate it further. That investigation may only take two seconds, but it needs to happen. It doesn't need media sensationalism, but it does demand due diligence.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

And you have your pink fuzzy hat with the ear flaps on and are so distracted by the tassels you're missing my point. Allow me to be more blunt.

Assuming every last freaking crime is related to terrorism because the crime occurred in a city that IS mentioned at some point and then having to work backward from there is asinine. So no, unlike many on ats I do NOT want anybody assuming it's terrorism every time somebody gets mugged in Vegas and then having to try and prove that it's not.

That's not how it works.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

And you have your pink fuzzy hat with the ear flaps on and are so distracted by the tassels you're missing my point. Allow me to be more blunt.

Assuming every last freaking crime is related to terrorism because the crime occurred in a city that IS mentioned at some point and then having to work backward from there is asinine. So no, unlike many on ats I do NOT want anybody assuming it's terrorism every time somebody gets mugged in Vegas and then having to try and prove that it's not.

That's not how it works.

That is completely disingenuous gibberish. No one is talking about muggings. It was an active shooter alert. And when I first replied to this thread it was only a couple of hours old. That is a huge difference. No one, except for you, is talking about every mundane incident that occurs daily in Anytown, USA. If you have to resort to such tactics to make your point, you lost before you started. Thank you, and good day.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

There's multiple local media sources covering it, so the media is in fact not "not covering" it.

I'm not sure why you think this needs to be a big deal? It's a standoff, not a shootout.

Given that tourism is Las Vegas' only industry, it is logical that incidents like this, and the fact the LV has "bad neighborhoods" at all, be kept quiet. The "gaming industry" spends a lot of advertising dollars and the news media know what side the bread is buttered on. An incident like this might make the local news, but you are not about to see it on the network news.
edit on 29-6-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join