It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ancient artifacts found in Saudi Arabia desert

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JaysonRS
Actually that's exactly what it is. A menorah, a rendering of the one that was in the temple. It had seven lights. You are referring to a "Hanukiah", which is Hanuka menorah used to celebrate the 8 day festival of Hanukah. a reply to: Harte

As far as the count goes, you're right. My bad.

But neither seven nor nine necessarily make it a Menorah.
Unless this is Jewish propaganda.

I mean, Saudi Arabia releasing evidence of ancient Jewish settlements?
We wouldn't hear a peep.

Harte
edit on 6/20/2016 by Harte because: First tell me why you need to know.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
chasing a spiny-tailed lizards

Chasing lizards who were trying to hide....

And they found Jewish minoras.

And which people nailed someone to a cross.

Lizards....hmmm

I am the lizard king. I can do anything.
edit on 20-6-2016 by Miracula2 because: The Lizard King

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Actually that's exactly what it is. A menorah, a rendering of the one that was in the temple. It had seven lights. You are referring to a "Hanukiah", which is Hanuka menorah used to celebrate the 8 day festival of Hanukah. a reply to: Harte

We wouldn't hear a peep.

Harte

no one can deny that Jews were there, its there already in the Islamic history and every body knows that

Banu Qurayza & Banu Nadir

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Dr UAE

I once knew a Saudi dude and he told there are a lot of ancient ruins in Saudi Arabia but for some reason the Saudi authorities kept those areas off limits.

Possibly because it doesn't jive with their present belief system.

Why explore and gain a better understanding of their own history when they can simply fence them off and make it a no go zone?

So right. elsewhere in the Middle east in Iraq and Syria Ancient Artifacts are being Destroyed
by the ISIS .. Taliban ..

Well I would assume there's alot of Ruin's yet to be Discovered in the Dessert's of the Middle East
Ive seen Photos of half Buried or being excavated.. Ruins in Iran from the 1920s n 30s

Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago- Persepolis and Ancient Iran
oi.uchicago.edu...

well The Great Pyramids and the Sphinx was Buried up to its neck up to the early 20th century

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

We wouldn't hear a peep.

Harte

Again, we don't know if these are genuine or fakes or tourist trade tchachkes made just fifteen years ago. All we have is a photo and tweet. We don't even know where they were found.

And here's a 2011 HufPo article on non-Saudi artifacts at major Saudi sites (editing to add a clarification (lack of coffee, here) that they are discussing this and that there is acknowledgement of these artifacts... it's the public display of them causing problems but that change in the policy seems inevitable and recognizes that some have been destroyed in the past. The main ones discussed are Christian artifacts.)
edit on 21-6-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Where exactly were the people wandering when they found these artifacts? And do you have a direct link to the original twitter post?

A comment about Menorahs. It's true that menorahs for Hanukkah are depicted with nine branches instead of seven. However, seven-branched Menorahs are also known from ancient times. See this link.

Damon

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join