It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ORGANIC people movement!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
My recommendation for you, is to enjoy something organic, and calm the hell down.

So do I have a recommendation that is. Don't tell me what to do.

Don't like what I have to say. Don't read it.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

To develop science and technology is the mandate of the planet itself.

Hmmm...does that mean Gaia wears a white coat?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

I'm currently letting my tablet know that it will not take over the future nor will I let it evolve

Great sentiment but how many "intrusions" or "available updates" are you reminded of every day...they have already won! Your Tablet knows whats best for you....

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

The idea of technology was to lessen the drudgery of work, so it doesn't need hordes of workers ploughing a field when one tracktor could do it

What you mean like "counting" "laws" "fiat money" "compounding interest" "inflation" "debt slaves" "taxation" "police" "monopolies" "fascism"?

Thats worked out really well for the 99% of the population - but you will probably stick to your own definition of technology and be in denial...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Lol, and I cut myself sink had to toss mine!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Based on your OP - I think we have to come to the conclusion that you are unclear on the concept

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight Lol! You gave me a good chuckle today and I think you may just be spot on!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

WE sure aren't when people use big pharmaceuticals and surgeries to turn themselves in to something else now are we ?

That isn't harmony.

It certainly is (The # it isn't
).

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

-Frank Herbert, Dune

edit on 26-5-2016 by Bybyots because: ???

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I like you, too, so I'll share my mind with you.

...does that mean Gaia wears a white coat?

So that right there makes me think of the paranoid fantasies that the mind creates when sleep paralysis is in play. The mind is forced like a ticker-tape machine to provide the best narrative possible that can be made available by experience when confronted with, well, anything, let alone the weirdness of SP, and those narratives that we create to explain common human experiences such as SP often fall to stories about medical examinations.

So: Yes. Gaia wears a lab coat. That's exactly what I meant.

edit on 27-5-2016 by Bybyots because:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
OP is drunk again.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The mind is forced like a ticker-tape machine to provide the best narrative possible that can be made available by experience when confronted with, well, anything, let alone the weirdness of SP

So am i correct in thinking your views have changed from your post in the Jacques Vallee Control System thread?
Please help me out trying to understand, cheers....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

. Conspiracy-of-alien-DNA-manipulation, or not, that's what we are up to on an around-the-clock basis: Mining. We are the dwarfs our mothers warned us about.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Hey.

So am i correct in thinking your views have changed from your post in the Jacques Vallee Control System thread?

Nope.

Please help me out trying to understand, cheers...

Sure...

Fortunately for me I meant the same thing in each post so it won't be too tough.

What I meant with the "ticker-tape" analogy is the same thing as the James-Lange theory. Do you know that one? Before J-L folks thought that emotions responses preceded physiological responses to sensual stimuli and J-L made a case for it being the other way 'round. It was an important building block for Cognitive and Behavioural sciences and has proven useful to this day. If you click here and scroll down you'll find the J-L theory, along with a couple of competing theories, paraphrased.

That's important (to my bull#, at least) because what I am saying up there is that we make up stories to accommodate the constant influx of stimuli we take in moment to moment. I'm guessing, based on my paltry amount of life-experience, that the weirder the stimuli gets, the weirder the stories get. It's some economy of stories and weirdness driven by some sort of natural geophysical forces, I would guess. Anyway...

Ya have to ask yourself: "What's not made of stories?".

Essentially what I am saying, ConstruKctionofLight, is that in many cases we are stimulated to create stories that build things. People are stimulated in such a way that the stories that they create from experiences that they can't explain inspire them to create and build.

I am saying that this is the product of the interaction of The Earth and Mankind.

These sometimes life-changing stories also seem to be the only product of Mankind's interactions with UFOs. We see it over and over again: The only tangible product of the person's experience with the UFOs are the stories they tell about how their lives were changed by them.

So if I believe that, you can probably now see how I can take the stories that arise from people telling tales of SP, and Sitchin-like stories of being brought here to mine, as the same thing. The thing being that Mankind has been interacting with some natural force that he does not yet understand and that stimulates him in such a way as to create stories to explain it.

I don't believe that the UFO phenomenon has anything to do with aliens any longer, I only believe in the Earth and the power of stories. That means I have to make sense of how stories drive it all, and that's the best I can come up with. In part. There's more, and where my line of reasoning has taken me has shown me that there is only a positive outcome for mankind.

We already have made the decision that will most rapidly carry us to peace. We all chose the hard way, but it'll get us there fastest, and there is awesome # waiting for us when we get there.

And that's it, just stories, and the cities we work them out in.

And probably a few things I forgot.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

To develop science and technology is the mandate of the planet itself

So Gaia mandates technology? Or am I missing something from your earlier post

In part. There's more, and where my line of reasoning has taken me has shown me that there is only a positive outcome for mankind.

well that sound good, no "Rise of the Machines - Terminator" AI?
We create the reality we perceive?
Or are we going to be assimilated into a hive mind with Gaia?

And that's it, just stories, and the cities we work them out in.

Stories ah yes - and there was once a time pre-civilization devoid of cities - man roamed freely. But then they keep finding more ancient buried earlier civilizations - it's almost like some force allows us to build and then take it down again - maybe that's the real hint in the "Tower Of Babel"

We're always forgetting our past. Most modern thinking says "honour the past but let go and move forward". And that is healthy on a micro level for healing.

But, but what if we are denied memory of the true nature of our beginnings, what if we are nothing more than miners, mining and accumulating. We may be in turn "mined" for our Loosh, by our not so friendly local demiurge.

And what if we are nothing more than avatars for bored gods. What if upon awaking we realize it was only a dream, nothing really matters, you get to reset the game & play again.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

So Gaia mandates technology?

Well, I had more in mind something like it being the mandate of our state of symbiosis.

well that sound good, no "Rise of the Machines - Terminator" AI?

We create the reality we perceive?

Nope, none of that crap. There won't be any AI. We don't even understand our relationship to ourselves, one another and Gaia; so we aren't really capable of building a "SkyNet" sort of AI. We can build awesome autonomous networks, though.

The interesting thing is that everything that we are driven to build under the aegis of this symbiotic story-making relationship is a "mime" of (memetic of) of our symbiosis with the planet, we are expressing this relationship and the truth of it through this technology. The technology is an artistic abstraction of the truth of our state of being.

So it's all going to be networks, because that's what we do: Mime the network.

Or are we going to be assimilated into a hive mind with Gaia?

We already are. No "assimilation" was necessary.

That's what Plotinus meant. Have you bothered with reading Plotinus?

P.S. What would you say is the seminal literary work of Western "Magick"?
edit on 5-6-2016 by Bybyots because: ???

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Me:

What would you say is the seminal literary work of Western "Magick"?

Metamorphoses (The Golden Ass) of Apuleius, right?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join