It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kemetic Symbolism and the Salt Lake Masonic Temple

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by cotwom

Originally posted by Tamahu

Originally posted by Helios Barca

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
First off, there is NO snake symbolism in masonry, as much as you people wish there was.

When I was taken on a tour of the local lodge more than a year back the man who gave me the tour pointed out the many Owl and Snake statues with the "Just to scare away the birds, really that’s all their for" *wink* *wink* *laugh* *laugh*.

But what do I know, I go through initiation on the 10th of Feb.

So what about the The Uadjit with a big G in the middle of it, on the front of the SLC Masonic Temple?

It has not one, but TWO Serpents: Auset and Nebthet.

The whodjit with the whatdjit? there's a G in the middle? I assume you mean the Lodge in SLC Utah?

Couldn't tell ya. Never been there, never going to be there. That place scares me. I'm in Oregon and AFAIK there are no Masonic Lodges with snake and owls. So what if there were?

Could you post a picture of what you're talking about?

Here's some pictures of the lodge I attend.
www.milwaukielodge.org...
I admit some info is outdated, but those picture do justice.

Looks nice.

The Salt Lake Masonic Temple has more of an ancient feel to it though.

www.wasatchlodge.org...

And here we have the Heru-Ur-Uadjit(The Grand Architect of The Universe. )

From one of Muata Ashby's works.

"The Winged Sundisk is composed of two serpents(Aset and Nebethet), a Sundisk symbolizing Ra manifesting as the dual principles (Uadjit -Aset and Nekhebet - Nebthet) and the wings of Heru. This is an important symbol of Heru, meaning "All-Encompassing Divinity". It was decreed by Djehuti(A.K.A. "Thoth") that this symbol be used over the doorway of temples"

Also, in Shetaut Neter, the Ancient Kemetic religion; Heru is "The God of Light".

Khepri-Ra

The West-Gate(with Ankhs)

And Heru-M-Akhet or Herukhuti

And no; none of this is symbolic of shape-shifting reptilians.

Just thought I'd bless yall with some Light.

HOTEP

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Looks and sounds like the SLC temple decided to build in an Egyptian theme and incorporated many Egyptian elements into its design and placed them around the Square and Compass. While I noted that snakes and owls were present in many places on the exterior of my local lodge, they're not presented like that.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   

First off, there is NO snake symbolism in masonry, as much as you people wish there was.

Good Morning Tamahu. Those lodges are nice my friend. I have seen a picture of the G as a snake with a snakes head somewhere, I'm not saying thats what it means though.

[edit on 15-1-2005 by TgSoe]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Tamahu, I'm assuming that you hit the new post button instead of the reply button and this should have been added to the end of this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
perhaps you would like to repost this there and I can delete this thread. U2U me if you need any help

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helios Barca
While I noted that snakes and owls were present in many places on the exterior of my local lodge, they're not presented like that.

Have any pics?

Originally posted by TgSoe

Good Morning Tamahu. Those lodges are nice my friend. I have seen a picture of the G as a snake with a snakes head somewhere, I'm not saying thats what it means though.

Actually TgSoe, I didn't say that; dr_strangecraft did.

And you're not saying that what means what, regarding the 'G' and a snake that you saw?

Originally posted by pantha
Tamahu, I'm assuming that you hit the new post button instead of the reply button and this should have been added to the end of this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
perhaps you would like to repost this there and I can delete this thread. U2U me if you need any help

Thanks, but I meant to start a new thread.

Hotep

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm just shocked that I grew up in Salt Lake City and never even thought about what all the stuff on that building. Guess I was too engrossed by the Mormon Temple, which I believe is only two blocks away.

Actually, anyone who's curious about practically any religion should do well with a visit to S.L.C., which is seeped in such things. (of course, each thinks they're the chosen ones, but then again, who doesn't?)

It used to be a joke that the churches and 7-11 were in a foot race to grab up all the corner property!

]

[edit on 21-1-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I couldn't help but noticed that the serpents in the closeup photo have something that appears to be feet or rings around them.

Just curiousity I suppose...BUT...didn't the original serpent in the Garden of Eden have feet?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Peace Toelint

Don't see any feet. I see Ringz though.....

According to my understanding; The Tempting Serpent of Eden is symbolic of an aspect of Kundalini, the Sexual force.

Adam and Eve fell not because they cultivated this energy; they fell due to the misuse of it.

In the original post of this thread I quoted this:

"The Winged Sundisk is composed of two serpents(Aset and Nebethet), a Sundisk symbolizing Ra manifesting as the dual principles (Uadjit -Aset and Nekhebet - Nebthet) and the wings of Heru..."

In this form of Auset and Nebethet, they can also be symbolic of Ida and Pingala --the two subtle cords that figure-eight around Sushumna, the 33 vertebrae spinal column-- which ends at the root of the nose.

There are quite a few religious schools around the SLC area. Most are pretty weak though.

I'm currently investigating The Nyingma Buddhist Temple at The RedLotus School on 300 West and about 750 South.

www.urgyensamtenling.org...

If you're interested in Tibetan Buddhism; you may want to check it out sometime. Seems to be from an authentic lineage.

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint
It used to be a joke that the churches and 7-11 were in a foot race to grab up all the corner property!

lol!

True indeed.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more expression of interest in this thread; as I'm willing to bet that there are many Masons unaware of the info I provided in my initial post; as well as many religious and conspiracy fanatics ready to use this info as a reference, to jump out and say something like: "See! I told you that they worship Satan and Oryan shapeshifting reptilians!"

new topics

top topics

join