It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

playing the blame game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
In society today, many of us want to blame anybody but ourselves. It gets to the point that we think we should sue a manufacturer if their product is used by us improperly.
Our vacuum cleaner had warnings about not using the vacuum outside or in wet areas. Don't vacuum your head. You just gotta know someone tried to sue them when the vacuum shocked them or pulled out their haris.

There are disclaimers at the beginning of many DVDs today. So, you can't blame them if a character resembles your Aunt Maude.
Books have similar disclaimers.

US News ran a piece on notable "vistims" of 2004. Here's my favorite:

Lisa Walker told New Yorkers she was a Saudi princess named Antoinette Millard, when she was really a divorced investment banker from Buffalo who went on a spending binge. When American Express sued to recover $951,000 in charges, Walker countersued for $2 million, saying Amex should have known she was acting irrationally because of anorexia, panic attacks, depression, and head tumors.

Oh, really! It's AMEX's fault they gave me that card and I ran up charges I couldn't pay...NOT. And, in our society, that seems to be acceptable behavior. Screw up and blame someone else. The bad news is, it works for the victim all too often.

www.usnews.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Its nobodys fault but our own. "Is it the strangers fault that my camera got run over by their car or is it mine for not realzing it was under the car or is it my moms fault for giving it to me. But it always comes back to the product.

join