It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emails: Malicious-Suspicious-Unknowns? How to know/see before deleting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
We all are hesitant when we see something there that "appears" to be from a friend, relative, associate or account, to delete it when we know we shouldnt click on it or open it. I know I sure don't want to lose something that may be real and/or important. I have found a reliable way of giving us an idea who it is without opening it or clicking on it.

It works for P.C.'s, laptops and tablets...though I'm unclear how phones may utilize this method.

1. RIGHT-click the subject line (DO NOT LEFT CLICK IT OPEN!!!!) RIGHT-click-subject
2. An option should appear that says "SHOW FULL HEADER". Click that.
3. You'll see a bunch of codes, but in those it will say things like "AMAZON" or Booga-Booga@Cornwall plates.net or...Lusicious [email protected].. It will show you and say "return path".

If you don't recognize the return path and sender...delete that bugger! There will be 2-3 clues in that full header you've rt. clicked to assure you it's ok to delete or safe to open.**

**I received an email today from MYSELF to ME from a "[email protected] name is not joey...not K. and I know no-one pretending to be ME from ME at Hotmail, AOL, Yahoo or any other 100% wrong site and email!!!!

So, I hope this helps someone. Rt. click subject, open show full header...recognize no one or address? DELETE it without opening.

Peace all...........MS

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thanks for that tip.Will remember this

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

It looks like we have a common friend, although I haven't spoken to her in a while now...

Lusicious Linda, how is she doing nowadays?

(btw she loved that leftclicking, just a tip)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Great tip!
I knew about checking the full header, but not the RIGHT click access!
Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join