It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coffee's Cold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
So I told my tale, lay my lines, smoked this cigarette, but the coffee's cold now and you and I? We were always bound to be strangers in the street. The Sun's pouring in through the window, breaking through all them gray clouds of rain. I ain't got no umbrella friend, but I ain't got no need anymore.

My tale ain't over, hell it hardly began, but you and I we were always meant to be strangers in faraway lands. Why this coffee was nice, while it was hot, but it's grown cold on me and I can't even hear your voice no more. So where's that waitress, oughta give the pretty thing a tip.

I got a whole bunch of road to travel, a cup of coffee at every place, a carton of cigarettes. Got to kiss all the pretty ladies, tell my tale to one or two. Ah, but you and I friend? We ain't meant to go on talking, and I ain't here to lower your mood. See, the Sun's pouring in, the pretty girl's coming out and all the kids will be dancing all around in the puddles.

Maybe I'll pen you a letter someday when I'm in town, drop it by your house and walk straight out. But passing through the streets, we ain't more than a couple of strangers, ain't no need for hellos, not goodbyes.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384
Nice story!!!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
Thanks, influenced by Tom Waits. Though I'm not sure how good a job I did with that

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join