It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man gets felony for publicly jamming cell phones

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

No, felons can enter Canada with a temporary residence permit. You just have to give them a very very good reason why you want to visit and can stay up to three years.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
AT&T needs to get a felony for charging me full price for publicly jamming cell phones with extremely shoddy reception. Shouting distance from downtown LA!

(kinda on topic?)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: DimensionalChange03

www.fcc.gov...

It is against the law. Sorry.

Jamming Prohibition

The use of "cell jammers" or similar devices designed to intentionally block, jam, or interfere with authorized radio communications (signal blockers, GPS jammers, or text stoppers, etc.) is a violation of federal law. Also, it is unlawful to advertise, sell, distribute, or otherwise market these devices to consumers in the United States. These devices pose serious risks to critical public safety communications, and can prevent you and others from making 9-1-1 and other emergency calls. Jammers can also interfere with law enforcement communications. Operation of a jammer in the United States may subject you to substantial monetary penalties, seizure of the unlawful equipment, and criminal sanctions including imprisonment.

And with the 3 strike rule , it becomes a felony charge on the 3rd time

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I thought about buying one of these awhile back for my car. When I'm driving, I either want to listen to the radio, have some quiet, or at least be involved in a conversation. What I do not want is one person in the car forcing everyone else in the car to sit quietly while they carry on a 15-20 minute conversation. My wife does this. And if one call ends, she is immediately dialing another. I still might get one.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DimensionalChange03

Good on him. If you want to bother average people then its all good! Why get angry at the guy?!

That is what he wants. It will only encourage more people to do the same!

Just ignore him!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join