It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Trump is Winning with Reality TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I love this channel. It's usually dedicated to film and TV but recently they made a video about how Trump is winning with his knowledge of reality TV. It's a nonpartisan video and definitely worth a watch. Hell, I suggest you subscribe and explore his channel for more awesomeness.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
I love this channel. It's usually dedicated to film and TV but recently they made a video about how Trump is winning with his knowledge of reality TV. It's a nonpartisan video and definitely worth a watch. Hell, I suggest you subscribe and explore his channel for more awesomeness.

Trump continues winning and it's what the American majority prefers. He's a business success so I think that given America's current financial crisis (how are we trillions in debt?!) you don't really have to question it.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Godhead

Huh?

You didn't watch the video did you?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Mr. Trump does have a Clearly Defined Persona that he has demonstrated to the Public over the Years .
Mr. Trump has also stuck to his Message of making America Great Again by Confronting the Inequality of Trade and Political Ideologies with other Nations around the Globe .
As Far as Drama goes , Mr. Trump Embraces it when others put him in a Situation where they themselves Create it concerning his Personal Beliefs on numerous subjects .
The Reality is , Mr. Trump Is Real , and Real is what Most People care about when dealing with those who try to convince them it doesn't Matter at all unless you Believe their Version of it .

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I didn't think I would be able to sit through a 17 minute video. But it was both funny and fascinating. And it held my attention.

I've been saying for some time that Trump has basically run his campaign like a reality tv show. He's had nothing to lose and everything to gain. And the fact that he breaks the mould of the typical politician, people are paying attention. He's not your typical political (reality show) campaigner.

His message is simple and easy to understand. Though as near as I can tell, he hasn't presented a lot of detail on exactly how he's going to accomplish everything he's promised. But why let actual reality get in the way of good entertainment?

The problem is that, unlike reality tv, being the winner of this reality tv game is not like being the last man standing on the island. The prize in this contest is arguably one of the most powerful positions of authority on the planet.

-dex

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I don't know. It was a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I agree with the video, I mentioned a few days ago that it finally all clicked for me with the Christie endorsement that was timed literally perfectly to destroy Rubio right after his campaign/backers spent a bunch of money for a big promotion/attack Trump took it all away without uttering a single word.

I said in another thread that I think this campaign is going to be studied for decades to come. On the surface Trump is a buffoon and comes across as a troll but in reality it's much deeper than that. It's like watching someone fighting with a drunken fist style, it looks like the person is drunk but in reality there is a lot of subtle precise movements hidden underneath it all in order to actually make it effective.

The points that your video makes all come down to one thing, Trump is grabbing headlines. On rare occasions he offers up something of substance like a Christie endorsement or a piece of policy, but usually it's all about saying something outrageous. Notice that Trump never makes the first move. His core strategy is to let his opponents take an action and try to get some headlines, and then Trump responds, usually by saying/doing something outrageous and taking all of the focus off of what his opponents said and instead onto Trump.

Look at how this has framed the policy debate, it's "Is Trump right that all Mexican's are criminals?" rather than "What should our immigration policy be?".

If you go back through his campaign you'll see it everywhere, from attacking Megyn Kelly to get the debate off of Trumps conservative credentials, to avoiding a debate, and so on. He may have the money to out spend everyone, but he doesn't need it. In politics and war it's far better to make an opponent waste their money than for you to out spend them and Trump is doing that perfectly.

If someone like me can see this, I have to assume everyones campaign can too (or atleast the big 4 in Sanders, Hillary, Cruz, Rubio), but so far not a single one of them has actually done anything to try and counter it which I'm not sure if that's a blessing or a curse. I've long said we've turned our campaigns into reality TV and it's making them worse, Trump took that to the next level and it's extremely effective. This is going to be the default winning strategy for the next 20+ years and it's going to result in some really ugly campaigns.

I don't support him for President, but I can admire the genius of his campaign. It is extremely well done.

new topics

top topics

join