It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do cats really hate cucumbers?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I have been wondering if it isn't just an evolved reaction to sneaky snakes?

This one also, cracks me up-

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Sorry to be a huge drag, BUT...

a reply to: Akragon

Please, DON'T try to scare cats! A scare like that stresses the animal and has all kinds of effects on the cat's physiological system. Their heart races, adrenaline pumps, and fear signals rush through their body. It's actually a form of abuse.

Your animals trust you... Why would you want to "mess" with them?

McMillan, a director at Best Friends Animal Society, says that scaring cats with any kind of object, even a seemingly benign member of the gourd family, could cause serious physical or psychological injury.
“Your pets rely on you to keep them safe," Dr. Frank McMillan told the Mother Nature Network. "Intentionally scaring your pet violates this trust.”

Source
edit on 12/3/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I made the mistake of rolling a watermelon across the floor. Scared my Pyr, she ran from the room, and peered around the corner, I tried to bring to her, asking, do you want to smell?

Hell no she didnt want to smell it.

So I had to cut it up, and give her a piece.

She likes watermelon now.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Please, DON'T try to scare cats! A scare like that stresses the animal and has all kinds of effects on the cat's physiological system. Their heart races, adrenaline pumps, and fear signals rush through their body. It's actually a form of abuse.

Your animals trust you... Why would you want to "mess" with them?

I am not an animal lover as such, I dont have a cat or dog, I dont like cats. But the thought did cross my mind that it was pretty cruel and unfair to do this to your cat. But cmon,....... it's sooooo funny, cats are such snobby aloof animals, now we have found their weakness, you could almost say they brought it on themselves.
edit on 4/12/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
lol! isnt their vision poor? they might think out of the corner of their eye its some kind of a snake or something

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

Trust me dude whatever harm we can do to a cat they can imagine far worst harm to us....

"When I am a big as a house YOU will be my mouse!!".

Have the enemy close and such..

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Tried it out with my 2 little kitty cats and they weren't afraid of it, just a little unsure. They both sniffed the cucumber, walked around it and then tried to play with it.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Cinrad

Trust me dude whatever harm we can do to a cat they can imagine far worst harm to us....

"When I am a big as a house YOU will be my mouse!!".

Have the enemy close and such..

As both a cat lover and cat owner, I concur.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I am pretty sure that what you see is just the reaction to an object the cat did not expect to be there.

Yep, that is correct.

Worse yet, the cat typically sees their food place as a "safe place" and you've now compromised this. Sure, it's funny, but also kind of mean. Luckily, a cat isn't likely to remember the association for long, so as long as it isn't done often, they should still feel safe eating there. If not, you may need to find a new feeding location.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join