It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders & Hillary Clinton Over The Years: Then vs. Now

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Nice to know some people will support a government that is putting a heavy yoke around its citizens neck and strangling them with it. That same government is ignoring our constitution to wage war I might add.We may be a sovereign nation,but we don't think others have that right.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

He doesn't want to give up our sovereignty...

He is saying that if we can't even get the rest of the world to agree that we need to go to war then how can we justify it?

Hardly the same thing.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yes sir, agree to disagree.
Have a good day.
BTW, I did finish the video. Sanders is not my kind of man, so I have extreme bias. Still better than Clinton though. Oh and I can't stand Elizabeth Warren at all either.
One thing I will say about Sanders is that he is Jewish and I like that he doesn't seem to be the self-hating type.
I believe he would be fair to both Israelis and Palestinians in trying to reach peace.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

No mam, I do not support this current government. I did not say that nor imply it.
We have a process for war. The Congress declares it.
As a realist, I think every sovereign nation has a right to declare war.
You better have some serious friends or serious skills though.
Otherwise, bye bye country.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Bernie said, and I quote: " Second, I am deeply concerned about the precedent that a unilateral invasion of Iraq could establish, in terms of International Law; and the role of the United Nations, if President Bush believes the U.S. can go to war at anytime, against any nation, what moral or legal obligation can our government raise if another country chose to do the same thing."

I believe where he said obligation or application, he meant to say objection. It was kind of hard to understand that part.
Anyways, to me it sounds like he does not believe the U.S. has the right to wage war without U.N. approval.
Kind of like if all our friends have yellow bellies, we must also.
That is B.S.
Furthermore, sticking our head in other people;s business is not exactly the smartest thing to do in my opinion. We should stop trying to be the policeman of the world and constantly giving our 2 cents like we have moral superiority.
If our Congress declares war, that makes it legal. And the President ( even Obama) must faithfully carry out his duties as Commander in Chief.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

I wasn't advocating unilateral war.
But even Hitler had allies.
Biggest muscles wins the day.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I may not agree with Bernie, but at least he's not a criminal and kiar like the Clinton dynasty

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I figured you were a conservative, right?

Sanders is leaps and bounds better than Clinton, no doubt.

He's definitely not the safe hating, always the victim type. He supports Israel but he's very critical of Netanyahu, which I love.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hillary and Bernie make Trump look like a savior IMO.... The democratic choices leave much to be desired....

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jheated5

Funny I could say the same exact thing about the republicans. All clowns.

You a Trump supporter?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Looks like Bernie had more insight of the consequences of going to war than the majority of congress. It's one of the things I like about Bernie, he's not afraid to say what he believes! He's not a follower and stands up for the hardships that the majority of Americans face.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Actually I'd rather Rand Paul but Trump is the only one that poses any real threat to Hillary, so if it comes down to it, I'd have to go for Trump.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Out of all the republicans the only one I like is Paul. You would waste your time voting for Trump? Why, cuz he's a republican?

Also, please elaborate how Sanders and Clinton make Trump look like a savior because I'd love to hear this.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I agree. He and Ron Paul said no to the war. I like that.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Trump poses ZERO threat to Hillary, I think Hill Dog should be no where near the White house but if you put her up against Trump IMO it is her all day twice on Sunday.

I actually think Rand would have a better shot but maybe you said Trump because at this point it seems Rand has about a snowballs chance in hell to get the nod.

Bush would have a better shot against Hillary even.
Trump isn't going to get the moderate vote, that is who you need to grab.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Congress hasn't declared war since WW2. They gave that power to the president.

And no, the biggest muscles do not win. War these days is much more about economic impact than physical damage. Anyone can cause physical damage. The US may have the best hardware but it's also the most expensive and that makes us extremely vulnerable.
edit on 21-11-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

I saw that the other day. I can believe she's capable of doing this but I held my tongue because of the source.

I would have thought Judicial Watch was on the level?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

I saw that the other day. I can believe she's capable of doing this but I held my tongue because of the source.

I would have thought Judicial Watch was on the level?

Judicial Watch is about on par with WND.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join