It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out in the Dark (2012) A gay romance/thriller.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Mods - I did search to see if this film had been reviewed.

This is an Israeli film which showcased at the Toronto International Film Festival in 2012. I watched it last night on Netflix. I can count the number of films that have brought a tear to my eye/lump in my throat on one hand. I just added this to my list. The film has 4 stars on Netflix and a score of 7.6 on IMDB. It has won multiple awards internationally. Language is Hebrew/Arabic but has subtitles.

The story focusses on the developing gay romance between an Israeli lawyer and a Palestinian psychology student set against a backdrop of the Gaza conflict. The film successfully blends the storyline with the environment/current situation in Gaza really well which in my opinion was a difficult task.

After 30mins the film turns into a thriller with elements of Israeli Security Force corruption and blackmail, persecution, abandonment and Palestinian liberation fighter activity. The film is non-judgemental in every aspect and does not have any form of righteous ending. It is real, dark, tragic and gritty.

The film is not sexually explicit. If you are heterosexual and can get past the occasional fake kiss then this film is well worth watching.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: deliberator

Thanks for the heads up, will look out for it and add it to my list.
Also regards your comment at the end, if people are straight and cannot watch a gay kiss comfortably, I'd say they have some issues.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

new topics

join