It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris attacks: US states halt taking Syrian refugees

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

How exactly would you screen them? Ask them, "are you part of an ISIS sleeper cell?"

No.

What makes you think that terrorists would have to arrive through legal immigration channels? What makes you think it would be possible to stop someone bent on entering...anywhere...from doing so?

But that's ok, go with the fear.
Remember last year, when ebola was the scary thing? Fear works, if you let it. That's what they count on, right?

edit on 11/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Is sounds as if what you're saying is,

"Muslim terrorists didn't just maim and kill over 500 people. The only real problem here is fear of immigrants. Ebola wasn't dangerous either."

Is that what you're saying?

Ebola was wiped out due to a massive influx of foreign medical professionals, money and resources flowing into Africa. Allowing Ebola stricken Africans to come to the US is not what beat the disease. Similarly, bringing every middle easterner to the West will solve nothing.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

Is that what you're saying?
No.

Similarly, bringing every middle easterner to the West will solve nothing.
I agree. Do you think hyperbole will?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Hopefully, their paper work wasn't destroyed during the civil war...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Shheeeze, Whatever...

Once in this country they are then free to go where they chose...

They just cant land at airports in these 18 states refusing them. (makes people feel like their governors are protecting them, great for reelection)

This is retarded.

edit on am1130amTue, 17 Nov 2015 08:27:49 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Right and while the mediahype is centered on the airports receiving a few, Mexico and Canada, the 3 sided oceans are open for business.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I say we just take the kids for a couple years.. the adults can stay there and be reunited with their kids if they wait a year or two. Or their kids can be sent back if they prove they moved out of a war zone. We have the resources to put 10k kids in an american boarding school, in the middle of america, and house those kids for a couple years and then send them back to their parents. I mean really, they would probably have the greatest experience of their lives here in USA for a coupld years without the stress of war and Im not worried about children causing terror attacks.
edit on 18-11-2015 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

And what do you tell the kids when they find out you denied entry to their parents, which caused said parents to die? Sounds to me like that's a recipe to radicalize them.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
If it weren't for your Avatar I would have sworn I wrote this.

How can they justify letting anyone in without going through the process of a security check, but demand Birth Certificates from the citizens that live and were born here? How can they demand the citizens take off their shoes and get x-rayed before boarding a plane, but will let people with no proof of who they are or where they came from?

Something is seriously wrong with this picture.

I'll take that as a compliment! How, indeed? Something is badly wrong, and it's beyond clear that those in charge do not have the best interests of this nation in mind when they take such actions.

The airport security procedures are a joke. They wouldn't even detect someone like the underwear bomber (who, of course, our government allowed in, knowing he was a threat...), but they sure do make things easy for sex offenders. How anyone takes their kid through that, I will never understand! Some of the videos, had I been the parent there, I'd have ended up in jail. Nothing but thugs, the lot of them!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Hopefully, their paper work wasn't destroyed during the civil war...

If they can't prove who they are, they have no business being brought here.

I can't fly across this country without proof of my identity, so it's not unreasonable to block someone from flying from another country who can't prove theirs. Fair is fair.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join