It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic-Mirror - Very slick DIY with raspberry pi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I am computer ethisiast back from 80s, have built some old computers and lately I do play with Raspberry Pi mini computers. I'm always on the look for nice application, and this one is really incredible and creative.

Web developer shows off homemade smart mirror

A Seattle web developer has created a smart mirror that runs on voice commands. It can display the time, temperature and a personalized message — and a lot more.Evan Cohen posted the clip to YouTube on October 20 giving an update on how his invention was progressing after starting to work on the project just last month.

Cohen’s mirror operates by turning it on with his voice commands, before getting it to display maps of Seattle and Berkley in California before he gets it to adjust the lights and the colour they emit in his room. “I started this project back in September and have been hacking things together in some of my spare time,” Mr Cohen wrote.

Cohen says he first got inspired to build his smart mirror when he saw the work of Hannah Mitt, who built an Android application that powers her mirror. Cohen also took some inspiration from Michael Teeuw’s “Magic Mirror” concept, but Cohen built his own project from scratch. He had seen smart mirrors controlled by gestures, but wanted to build one that was voice-controlled.

Source: www.techworm.net...

I can imagine things like this being soon part of our every morning life...

For those who don't know what Raspberry Pi is - www.raspberrypi.org...
edit on 23-10-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I love this stuff. I love tinkering with computers as well; tho I know of the Raspberry Pi, I was totally unaware of its capabilities. S&F

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
That's definitely the future. Technology is becoming more and more unobtrusive. In the past, if you wanted a widescreen TV, it was as deep as it was wide, so it would occupy an entire corner of your living room. Now you can go to 16th century B&B hotel, and the flatscreen TV will be mounted on a well above an antique tble. Take this forward, and it will be disguised as a mirror, only noticable when switched on.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The real trick will be when we can do all this without a surface.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
step by step, we will eventually immerse ourselves into electronica. For good or bad, I don't know.

top topics

join