It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Speech, Pope Francis Skips Over Line With Political Punch

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

It was released in an advance copy?

Everyone heard it

He didn't need to say it out loud - in front of Congress

It's called diplomacy - and I think he's accomplished much of what he meant to do with this visit

Or - he just forgot

:-)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

LOL, that is true.

Had he said it in the speech, it would have been just a moment of discussion as a part of the whole. Not mentioning it: it gets its own complete news cycle separate from the rest of the speech.

If planned, someone is amazing as a strategist.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

They do not appear to be unintelligent

:-)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

They all are great at playing "really nice" guys. For too long the Catholic Church has gotten away with copious illegal activities. Arguably the Roman Empire never died and rolled it's power and wealth into the Catholic Church.

Given the Churches vast investments and large portfolio they are major players in the shell game that the elites play on average citizens. Too many people give the Pope a pass because he's the head of a church.

The little bit that is written about his past in Argentina is interesting. I wish there was more in-depth and candid information available regarding his life. Too often public figures receive a very white washed life story. He is, of course, Italian. I don't care that he's from Argentina, his ancestry is Italian.

I'd be interested in seeing the court records (if any exist) of his role in the Dirty War of Argentina in the 1970s. He was accused of handing two priests over to authorities but the lawsuit was dismissed.

I've got to agree with Neo96 on this one, too many people have blinders on for this cat and are expecting the "due diligence" of the Catholic church and his flowery rhetoric is enough to get excited about.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It doesn't serve his demagogue purposes!

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Jesuits...
I am sad.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

The Catholic Church is not basking in riches. The money we do have is given up by myself and many other folks., as almsgiving. We freely GIVE to our church. (Unlike taxes from a government)

Money, money, money, "pedophile" priests (homosexuals), blah blah blah. It gets old. Do you ever acknowledge all the good ?

We are 1.2 Billion PEOPLE and counting. We started the education system, we promulgated the sciences, the school system, we are the single greatest charity in the history of the world. We compiled the bible. We are lead by The Vicar of Jesus Christ, the successor to Saint Peter, in an unbroken line going back 2000 years. We are The Catholic Church.

When you libel The Catholic Church, you libel The Body of Jesus Christ. Deny your ignorance of the facts. Come home to Jesus' church (Mat 16). The Catholic Church.

AMDG
edit on 27-9-2015 by Ignatian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

The Holy Father met with prisoners this morning, in their prison. (We're ALL prisoners, with dirty feet). He was given as a gift, the chair that he sat in. The prisoners made this walnut chair with their bare hands, no electric tools. It was beautiful. This chair is now "priceless".

Should the pope now go home to Rome, and put this chair up for sale? The chair is now the property of The Catholic Church. It has been enriched. It's not his to sell.

By the way, Pope Francis auctioned off a Harley Davidson motorcycle that was gifted to The Church recently. He gave the proceeds to the poor.

I'm an American. We have a huge national debt problem currently. Should we sell Yellowstone National Park to pay off some of our debt?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join