It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autumn of Things

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Decided to take my bicycle today since it was nice and sunny. Late afternoon, sun low on the horizon creating this golden filter on the trees with their coloring leaves. Even though it is not very cold you can feel the change in the air. It's hard to describe, but it's like a cooler moisture with wood like aroma.

I savor the moment as I take a detour through the park. A gray figure captures my eye, it seems out of place in the golden sun. As I get closer I see it's an old man on his own, sitting on the bench. His torso is slumped over his rollator. I hope he's not dead, fire sure way to ruin the day I think to myself. He looks up as I mentally high-five him.
He's really old, gravity is winning on all fronts but he is taking it gracefully. Guess he was just a little out of breath from the walk.
'Hello and welcome to the future. 2015 You've made it!' I blur out as I'm seemingly still celebrating his postponed demise. He looks at me for a few seconds in confusion then a tiny smile appears while he reaches in his pocket.
'I have 12 followers on instagram.' he says, as he flips open the cover of his smartphone. 'They're all my grand childern, and I barely know how to make a photo with this thing.'
I smile as I continue on my way.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Damnit made a mistake. It's surefire, one word. Hmm, edit window closed

English is obviously not my first language. Hope rollator is known, it's also known as a walkingchair.

Also, first short story. It's short alright, reading it again.
edit on 22-9-2015 by Jubei42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join