It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iranian artist already in prison faces more charges for shaking hands with male lawyer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
this is crazy.
cant believe how the laws are in the middle east

www.huffingtonpost.com...

A female artist and activist serving a 12-year prison sentence in Iran is facing additional charges, including “indecent conduct,” after shaking her male lawyer’s hand. Atena Farghadani, 29, was arrested in August 2014 after drawing a cartoon that depicted members of the Iranian Parliament as animals. After a trial lasting only half an hour, she was found guilty in June 2015 of multiple charges, including spreading propaganda, insulting the president and colluding against national security, according to Amnesty International. Farghadani was sentenced to 12 years and nine months behind bars. After the trial, her lawyer, Mohammad Moghimi, shook her hand while visiting her in prison. This led to them being charged with “indecent conduct” and having an “illegitimate sexual relationship short of adultery.”

Auerbach said that a “typical” sentence for “indecent contact between unmarried people of the opposite sex” is “74 lashes.” She noted that was the sentence handed down to Mohammad Ali Taheri, a spiritual leader who touched the wrists of women in his group. Both Farghadani and her lawyer are set to face trial at some point, but Auerbach did not know when, and noted that the date may not even be announced beforehand. When Farghadani was initially arrested in August 2014, she was incarcerated until November. After she was released, she recounted in a YouTube video and interviews the brutal treatment she had suffered in detention, including beatings and 9-hour interrogations.

unreal.
12 years for cartoons and potential lashing for shaking someones hand.

i kind of feel bad for women over there and i usually dont feel bad for anyone

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Iran's leaders are indeed animals though, so the truth is also illegal there. A country ruled by baboons. And their president is an unflushed toilet who really needs to be flushed with a 2000 pound laser guided bomb.. I doubt any of his proxies or friends would shed a bloody tear, they would just be fighting with each other over who got his raggedy clothes he bought from the outdoor tent -second hand clothes store near the Palace, and possessions, just like baboons do.
Only animals would beat a woman 70 plus lashes with a whip for shaking a males hand in greeting, and then call it a sexual relationship.
Those people that do that definitely are ripe for death. Iran's leaders have made that country a true stain on humanity..

Anyone defending these leaders including defense of Iran's animal president are just as guilty as those who beat women and makes laws enabling the beating and stoning of women, and should also, and even will be put to eternal death..

They sure the hell won't be getting 12 virgins feeding them grapes when they awaken on the other side. How does 12,000 screaming diz-buster demons with whips of fire sound instead with zero possibility of parole?

It isn't religion people, its animalistic cruelty, no compassion, and zero sense of empathy for others, especially women, girls, and children (good shields for cowards), who blame their cruel acts toward the weakest on their Satanic Koran book of Mohamed's ass, otherwise known as "The ASS from Damascus".

Forward this to the thing calling himself the Iranian President please? Thank you.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Clearly political dissent and chivalry is dead over there, yes sick indeed I am sorry for that poor woman.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Didn't you know? Lack of a Y chromosome makes you inferior in Iran.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I wonder if ever in some far future Iranian social and political values will drastically change for the better. If at some point this happens why can't it happen right now.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think it's not the Iranian people so much as it is that God-awful Ayatollah Khomeini, who cultivates hatred towards the U.S. and the West (need I mention Israel) and he is THE FACE of bigotry, racism, sexism, hatred, sinfulness, and all things EVIL. He's every bit as evil as ISIS.

Plus he's a fool.
edit on 9/10/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Just ask, Iran is the good guy.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I wish I could say who cares and my country America has enough of its own problems we should be focused on, problem is, is that, that statement may offend someone. If the people of Iran really hate laws (laws I do not understand much btw) maybe the people should revolt, ask England, they'll tell you it worked for colonial Americans. If Iran wants SH** that makes sense they have to fight for it.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I wish I could say who cares and my country America has enough of its own problems we should be focused on, problem is, is that, that statement may offend someone. If the people of Iran really hate laws (laws I do not understand much btw) maybe the people should revolt, ask England, they'll tell you it worked for colonial Americans. If Iran wants SH** that makes sense they have to fight for it.

And if you are a US citizen why cant you say ,Who cares? You have that right you know.I abhor anything like this , but it is really NOP. They must be ok with the lifestyle. They permit it and vote for it.In their little get-togethers they all end up chanting death to America . Leave em be.And Revolution has changed many countries for the better. I dont guess they have anyone there to stand up and say , "Give me Liberty or Give me Death" like the US did and mean it.

BTW : take after the pic, the good ole honeybadger. They fear nothing and dont take crap.
edit on 10-9-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Is the huff the only source for this story?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

If we tried that, we'd have another Syria bloodbath on our hands.

No thanks. Their regime stinks, but at least if one is a citizen in Iran, they know how to negotiate every day life within it. Can't say the same for the millions of Syrians displaced trying to change their regime though.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Its so good to see that the revolutions in both Iran & Afghanistan did so much for the people particularly the women in giving them their freedom.....a freedom they already had!

I was surprised that so many of my friends had no idea that both countries were so Westernised prior to the "revolutions". It was my understanding that revolutions were supposed to make things better and give freedom to an oppressed people...seems some folk have it backwards

Women have and it seems always will be feared by these wonderful religious men who clearly have only the womens' best interests at heart

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

It was my understanding that revolutions were supposed to make things better and give freedom to an oppressed people...seems some folk have it backwards

I know, it's so strange to us. But they had a revolution to do away with modernization, music, blue jeans, equality and on and on. So the revolution, or civil war, resulted in what they have now.

Soooooo it's apparently what they wanted. Hard to swallow I know, but they got what they fought for when they overthrew the Shah.

So my thoughts are we should just leave them the hell alone and let them wallow in it, but by the same token, they must leave the rest of the world alone, and that includes Israel.

(None of this mini-rant directed at you PD. Just editorializing.)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Your title is very misleading . She was charged for spreading propaganda and other activities.
She was an activist .

Your title makes it sound like she was charged only for "shaking a hand" way to keep that MSM twist going.

Deny ignorance is a great motto , invest in it some time .
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

Your title is very misleading . She was charged for spreading propaganda and other activities.
She was an activist .

Your title makes it sound like she was charged only for "shaking a hand" way to keep that MSM twist going.

Deny ignorance is a great motto , invest in it some time .

not my fault you cant read.
my title says she faces MORE charges. then i posted snippets.
my title makes it sound like she was already charged with crimes and now she faces more charges cause thats the truth.

learn to comprehend....or dont. not my problem

top topics

join