It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter, former US president, reveals he has cancer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

friend of mine likes to tell me how during jimmy's presidency he had plans to have jimmy over for dinner, jimmy's whole family was gonna come and eat with my friends whole family, but the hostage crisis occurred and that cancelled the plans.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Very sad news, at his age this is a terminal diagnosis. I hope that he finds his way with as little suffering as possible.

I have always thought, even though I may not agree with what he did, that he honestly followed his heart as much as he could. There are very very few politicians that I could say that about.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Sad news indeed, and agreement on all the admiring comments.

Since he is so near death, is it possible Mr. Carter might consider disclosing whatever he may have learned as president of the UFO phenomena? I tried contacting him through his website regarding what was said about him following a UFO debriefing but received no answer.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Apparently Carter did look into the UFO business and said he was told it was a matter of National Security and as such he would not comment. Blah, blah, same old lame excuse. So if we could either befriend every country on the earth, or blow our enemies to the point of irrelevance, would they tell then?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I'm sad to hear this. With the way he gets around I always thought he would be one of the ones that made it past 100. I suppose there's still a slim chance of that happening.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Update on President Carter's Condition

Apparently, they have found melanoma in his brain. There is a video at this link where the former president holds a press conference.

Carter's team of doctors at Emory Health Care includes Dr. Walter Curran Jr., who runs Emory's Winship Cancer Institute. Treatments for melanoma have improved tremendously recently, and Carter's prospects are good even at the age of 90, Curran said. But he cautioned against the idea that Carter can be "cured."

"We're not looking for a cure in patients who have a disease like melanoma that has spread," Curran said. "The goal is control and to have a good quality of life."

Carter said he thought the cancer was only in his liver and was removed with surgery on Aug. 3, but an MRI exam that same afternoon showed the spots on his brain. Carter said he went home that night thinking he had only a few weeks to live, but found himself feeling "surprisingly at ease."

edit on 8/20/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Whatever one thinks of his politics one thing can not be debated. He is a man of integrity. I hope there's hope from Lucidity's post but even if it's brief think about it. He had 90 years here and made a serious impact. That's a
for all of us.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Did you hear this part?

Text

He said he planned to keep on top of a push led by the Carter Center to eradicate Guinea worm, of which there 3.5 million cases in 1986 but only 11 through the end of July this year. Guinea worm is on track to become the second human disease to be eradicated after smallpox. “I would like to see Guinea worm die before I do,” he said. He didn’t rule out a planned trip to Nepal in November for Habitat for Humanity, though he said he would consult with his doctors on how much work and travel he can manage.

This man is a shining example to all. Strength, humor, courage, tenacity...the list goes on.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
An admirable man I hope can be kept in comfort and dignity.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
New immunotherapy drug behind Jimmy Carter's cancer cure

Former US president Jimmy Carter says his brain cancer has disappeared. His doctors found four small “spots of melanoma”, he said in August, after an operation to remove a tumour from his liver. It sounded like a fatal diagnosis at the time, but the former president said then he was “perfectly at ease with whatever comes”. And now it appears to have gone.

It is not a miracle, however much it may sound that way. The former president’s doctors believe the melanoma – normally a skin cancer but sometimes forming inside the body – was the primary cancer, and that it had spread to the liver. Carter was given pembrolizumab, one of the most exciting new drugs in cancer treatment today.

Pembrolizumab, sold under the brand name Keytruda in the United States, is one of the first immunotherapy drugs. Instead of killing cancer cells, these drugs boost the immune system to do the job. The theory behind immunotherapy has been around for decades, but it is only in very recent years that scientists have been able to put it into practice with, so far, just a couple of remarkably successful drugs.

Jimmy Carter says he is free of cancer

Wow. Good news.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Sad, hope everything goes well for Mr. Carter, very honest man.

<< 1   >>

join