It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spokane, WA sues Monsanto for PCB contamination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The Spokesman Review
"The city of Spokane has filed a lawsuit against the international agrochemical giant Monsanto, alleging that the company sold chemicals for decades that it knew were a danger to human and environmental health."

The class action lawsuit California filed against Monsanto for false advertising seems wimpy compared to this. So glad someone is standing up to this monster. Heh, Monstersanto.

Searched, but all I found for Spokane were Bigfoot threads. Please close if redundant.

edit on 020152015k23111America/Chicagothpm by Look2theSacredHeart because: editing spacing

edit on 020152015k23112America/Chicagotham by Look2theSacredHeart because: I can't see a submit news button in the top toolbar on my phone

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

Sadly, the Trans Pacific Partnership will mean Monsato can counter-sue Spokane on the basis of 'loss of trade' and win.

Democratically elected governments and those they represent have fewer rights than corporations do, now.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
You are right. But perhaps enough bad attention will get a boycott going strong. We haven't lost that right...yet. For now, we're just apathetic.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

I agree.

Unfortunately Monsanto has cornered the market of basic human sustenance. Sick, right?

I have to pay 10-20 percent more for a completely organic apple.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Good on them. More places affected by Monsanto should follow through with the same, and some already have setting an example with the similar lawsuits.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz I started my garden just so I would have affordable organic produce. Hating Roundup gave me a whole new hobby. Thank you, Monsanto!

new topics

top topics

join