It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Questions for Transgender people

page: 28
<< 25  26  27   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I don't have anything to add to the thread but I would like to thank the contributors for allowing me to rationalise transgender people 'in my head'.

I have only met one transgender person that I could tell and found myself repulsed, which led me to some internal conflict and self loathing.

However, I can now rationalise transgender people as just another person. Another person that was born with a birth defect that was corrected, just like any other birth defect that gets corrected. I don't get offended by people born with congenital heart defects or cleft palates and transgender people are no different.

A transgender woman is just a woman. A transgender man is just a man. Simples...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
We are all people, that's all that really matters, in the end.

If everyone realized this, we'd have no more wars, no more homophobia, no more blind hatred.

That's just a pipe dream, unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bayne

originally posted by: pompel9

originally posted by: Kojiro
a reply to: pompel9

You're either going a long way at being obtuse, or you really cannot comprehend the intricacies of language. Perhaps English is not your first language? My mind does not match the body I was born with, ergo a deformity has taken place. It is a deformity to be placed in the wrong body.

With yourself, if you identify as male, the body you were born with, you have no such problem.

You are the second one that calls me obtuse. If you are trying to offend me, then you have certainly succeed.

First you call men deformed (and, yes I am a man), then you call me obtuse and further insult me by telling me I have no clue about language.

I certainly had a lot of sympathy for the condition transpersons have. But this kind of behavior have put me off. Not sure if I have any more sympathy towards you or other people that have similar condition if this is the what I can expect from you and them.

I am sorry to say that.

Let me explain.
What is NOT deformed for a cisgender male MAY BE for a person whose hypothalamus has a female neuron-count and structure.

Or to be even more simple, if you are NOT trans then it's not a deformity but if you ARE trans then it might be.

Now a question. Why didn't you understand that when Kojiro said it several different ways? I'm not attacking you, i ask out of concern for you. You might have an undiagnosed eyesight problem or dyslexia or similar, and several people i know had sudden difficulty making sense of some sentences before they had strokes or had Bells Palsy, so it might be worth checking with a doctor.

Either a body is deformed or it's not.

Oh great, even more insults.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: pompel9

Great... so I come back to this thread after a significant number of days, and the first thing I see, is you deliberately misreading, misrepresenting, and drawing about yourself a cloak of righteous indignation?

Your conduct is not conducive to productive discussion. You are learning nothing because you seem not to want to, and that is your right. But you have no right to prevent others from doing so by wasting their precious time!

Good grief... get a grip on yourself.

Perhaps you should read what I wrote. None of what you are saying is remotely true.

Oh look, more insults. Perhaps the mods should do their job, and remove obvious personal attacks.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

A reminder about posting on topic...

Please post about the topic....and not bicker or attack other members....You are responsible for your own posts.

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

Trolling, And What To Do About It
Ad Hominem Attacks And You
Don't Respond to Obvious Trollery, Just Alert It

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
You're saying that gender is a social construct. Many people argue that because of this, transgenderism isn't "real". We're not real men or women. We're just fakers.

I argue that it is real precisely because it is mostly a social construct, and it's one that is imprinted deep within our minds when we're young, and changes our brains in ways that turn us into "men" and "women". In other words, none of us... you, me, and that trans-woman you're so afraid of kissing, are born with a gender, but we imprint one by age three.
Imprinting Why This Transgender Man Feels Like A Man

edit on 9-12-2015 by LarryCopano because: editing link

edit on 9-12-2015 by LarryCopano because: editing link

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LarryCopano

Arrgh! I just sent you a U2U but then remembered it takes 20 posts here to utilize the private messaging system. I don't know if you will get what I sent or not but if you did, you won't be able to reply. Darn.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

I did get your message and thank you for the support.

I am a trans-man. I was in kindergarten in the 70's, back when almost nobody knew about us. So I kept quiet and hid. But I didn't know how damaged I would be by being a "girl' on the outside, but being a boy inside. I'm glad some kids are coming out when young now.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LarryCopano
a reply to: Freija

I did get your message and thank you for the support.

I am a trans-man. I was in kindergarten in the 70's, back when almost nobody knew about us. So I kept quiet and hid. But I didn't know how damaged I would be by being a "girl' on the outside, but being a boy inside. I'm glad some kids are coming out when young now.

There is now a camp for young trans kids. They can go at age 8. Maybe someday even younger.

The camp is expanding out of need.

Welcome to Camp Aranu'tiq of Harbor Camps: a nonprofit program serving transgender & gender-variant youth & their families. www.camparanutiq.org...

edit on 9-12-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I couldnt care less whether she used to be a he, but I know an asshole when I see one.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27   >>

join