It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do people lie and make up stories all the time?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

It's more hilarious than uncomfortable.

But sad as well, it is an illness.

He had a superman symbol tattoo and honestly believed he was superman.

Drinks night was usually a laugh though.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Personality disorders / mental illness etc ...

If a person is prone to talking poop repeatedly and there is no obvious gain in it for them or they keep doing it to the point they constantly lose friends then it's probably not based on logic. Why would you keep doing something like that if it is causing so much pain?

For a lot of disorders or conditions is meant to get better with age and conditioning I think. If is 58 that's kind of concerning since it seems pretty unlikely time to change habit forming behavior.

I've noticed people are much more likely to laugh or talk behind the back of these people when they probably need some kind of intervention ... but am not a psychologist.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

Could not agree with you more!

I know of someone that is exactly like this. However he/she is not 58. But knowing the person as well as I do, I can say from experience that some people really do have an issue with it. the thing is, some people recognize their actions while others don't. All in all, it's a sad, and unfortunate reality.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Politicians do this all the time. It's called politics. lol

On a serious note? Maybe they hate who they are and make up stuff to have them sound like someone interesting to another who would not give them the time of day? Maybe they lie to get attention?

Who knows.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Here's the thing: The ones out there now are clones! See, I saw Elvis on the UFO, too, and he was supposed to get them. I guess he hasn't gotten around to it yet.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I noticed over the years that the people who tend to do this are usually EXTREMELY Lonely and are just trying to spark conversation. They say things that they believe will impress others in order for them to come around more often, without realizing it does the exact opposite.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Pride before the fall

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AbstractDreamz

Hiya AbstractDreamz,

Your avatar terrifies me.

I've met people who do this that aren't lonely. People are often horrified when they work it out, or they just like the person enough to not care. Personally I've never worked that out either. (Why people don't do anything about it)

Mugly: thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy

edit on 10-7-2015 by Pinke because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join