It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Vlad starting to cave in ? Is this a sign of Ukrainian victory ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

And Russia never invaded and stole land from "natives" either?

Pot, meet Kettle....

I suggest you read up on the expansion of Russia and treatment of minorities and natives in the lands it took.

No one is without blame, you know.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

I'm sorry, i just don't trust sources like i used to. Not getting on at you personally, im just fed up with big corporations and billionaires who think they can own us all, and then create a popular culture and establishment and magazine then feel they can persuade the lot of us to fall for it. I'm incredibly skeptic of everything in our world today.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Aside from the sanctions and oil price drops, russia is facing a $50 billion lawsuit. The world court ordered russia to pay the $50 billion over its jailing of Yukos leaders for supporting opposition political parties and subsequent breakup of that company.
On top of that russia has had much problems with it weapons trading and development partner india. Russia has lost its arms sales partner india to the west. All this while russia is undergoing the most expansive military modernization program that is very expensive.

I am actually impressed they lasted this long.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Wonderful, It's all good then

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

I'm sorry, i just don't trust sources like i used to. Not getting on at you personally, im just fed up with big corporations and billionaires who think they can own us all, and then create a popular culture and establishment and magazine then feel they can persuade the lot of us to fall for it. I'm incredibly skeptic of everything in our world today.

But, I am confused as you why you trust putin more? He went from a middle level KGB thug, hand picked to be president of russia and is now said to be worth billions himself. Where did all his money come from?

Surely he did not make it pulling 70lb pike out of lakes.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Of course all Evil Men have destroyed our once Pristine World, no doubt about it, but Now? Right Now i don't see Russia/Putin doing this.

Maybe it's time for a Woman to have a shot at it eh? And no Not Hillary Clinton or that horribilis Thatcher like Human, someone Real with perspective, kindness and honesty who has that Patriarch nature without weapons and someone who actually listens to those who are supposed to be their Employers, Us.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Truer words never spoken, right there.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: alphastrike101

I've no idea where his money came from any more than i have an idea where the Rothchilds Bush familys' Billions came from. The issue is what's being portrayed in the Media right now and by whom and for what reasons. He was in the KGB so what, so were other world leaders in other covert organizations including skull and bones. He's not like Western leaders at all, he's different, he's not an Arse****. That being said...

I'm sure he didn't make it by pulling 70 pound pike out of lakes anymore than Obama and Bush made their money nuking countries that didn't agree with them, or riding a girlie bike while ringing a pink bell in mom pants.
edit on 7/7/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

A woman with a Patriarch like nature? That's an odd woman! The bearded lady, perhaps?

Maybe this thread would be of interest to you

But saying Russia isn't stealing land right now just after annexing Crimea and trying to pinch half of the Ukraine is a bit much, isn't it?

At least the West doesn't go round annexing countries - we rolled up our Empires years ago while Putins stated aim (read his inauguration speech from 2001) is to re invigorate the former Russian Empire.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
World leaders, or elected officials are nothing but minions. Vermin. Every last one of them. They're just as bad as their psychotic banker overlords. I don't think a valid argument can be made for any one them being better than the other. They all have the same motivations.

Hall monitors.
edit on 7-7-2015 by TomLawless because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

laffing... ok ok you got me, i meant to type Matriarch, har har... cute.

I don't get why you're so anti Russia and so pro Cameron that's all.

The west doesn't go around annexing countries that have always been part of their Culture? oh ok.. If the UK Govt had it's way with you you'd all be living in Sharia Hell.

England has ruled long enough and look at the damage she's done, Hong Kong no long is part of that as they wanted to be free from it's grasp. I think you've been slightly brainwashed by your Gov't.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

laffing... ok ok you got me, i meant to type Matriarch, har har... cute.

Just messing, I knew what you meant, but trying to have a laugh is all

I don't get why you're so anti Russia and so pro Cameron that's all.

I'm not - I just don't think what they're doing in Ukraine is right. Not sure why you think I am "pro-Cameron" as if it is a black and white situation.

The west doesn't go around annexing countries that have always been part of their Culture? oh ok.. If the UK Govt had it's way with you you'd all be living in Sharia Hell.

Erm...I'm confused, that makes no sense.

England has ruled long enough and look at the damage she's done, Hong Kong no long is part of that as they wanted to be free from it's grasp. I think you've been slightly brainwashed by your Gov't.

No, they didn't actually. Hong Kong would much preferred to have not been handed back to China but we couldn't really not as the part we leased was critical to the colony - the Chinese actually signed over the non-leased part to the UK in perpetuity so it was ours to keep and legally too, but it had become reliant on the part we leased for 99 years. They have had a horrid time under the Communists Government - hence all the protests.

You really do seem a bit clueless when it comes to geo-politics and history...

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

And for the record, i was the one who starred your post.

Fair enough we can agree to disagree.

I meant Russia not the West annexing, forgive me your highness
my attempt at sarcasm obviously wasn't noted.

Ok so HK wanted to remain a British Colony my error, but i don't feel it very fair of you to call me clueless on geo-political issues and history, based on a couple mistakes? Come on that's just being arrogant and self righteous on your part.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

And for the record, i was the one who starred your post.

Fair enough we can agree to disagree.

I meant Russia not the West annexing, forgive me your highness
my attempt at sarcasm obviously wasn't noted.

Ok so HK wanted to remain a British Colony my error, but i don't feel it very fair of you to call me clueless on geo-political issues and history, based on a couple mistakes? Come on that's just being arrogant and self righteous on your part.

Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text, so sorry if I didn't pick that up.

As for HK, there was no desire to re-unite with the mainland, but Thatcher sold them out to placate the Chinese as we couldn't have really stopped them if we wanted to. The people of Hong Kong had tasted democracy and freedom of expression, something China needed to be bound to honour before they took it back even if they promptly tried to trample all over it.

And my last comment was supposed to be a light hearted jibe - again, doesn't translate well in text. No offence intended.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

No Worries, no offense taken
JK.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
And for a smile, a thread i found truly intriguing about you guess it, Matriarchs
Such a fun informative thread it was.
Egyptian Matriarchy

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
Vladimir Putin is cutting off electricity to the separatist provinces in the Ukraine . This could be a sign that he is caving to Western pressure and abandoning his hopes for New Russia.

Regardless of his intentions I see it as a move on his part to join the world again in a civilized manner. Although the truth will probably never be heard from him hopefully he will quit lying to us at least . This could be one of the most significant moves towards a peaceful resolution of the conflict in the Ukraine .

Kiev said Tuesday that Russia had cut off electricity to Ukraine's rebel-run regions in what appears to be another sign that Moscow is losing interest in plans to splinter its neighbour.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has gone through an extended spell without peppering his speeches with mentions of a "New Russia" (Novorossiya) made up of Ukrainian lands that were once under tsarist control.

source

Perhaps he realizes that hes not just up against the Ukraine but also the US.

Wasn't it Paul Wolfowitz, the neoconservative who was Deputy Secretary of Defense under the Bush regime say something along the lines of the first objective of the US is to stop the rise of a super power that could rival the US? Something like that.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I still though done not understand why you trust him more thank the others.
The KGB was openly the strong arm of the communist.

Putin is said to be worth much much more than the bushs+ obama.
How is he different? Because he has killed many many more reporters and political opponents.

Is it because he has violated more treaties?

Is he different because his rain of power in russia has gone on much longer than US law lets presidents stay in office?

Is it because he is always making threats?

Putin allegedly has approval ratings in the 90.s%
Kim jon un has 100% approval.
But really done those numbers mean anything.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: alphastrike101

Maybe because he's not a pansy he know's how to get the job done.? I dunno.

He's not the last President of Russia, you can't judge one person based on another's idiocy.

He made threats? Wow, i don't know if you've noticed but the American rulers are totally 'Passive Aggressive' in their behaviourisms. They keep poking people where they don't wish to be poked and for no other reason because they 'America' have bigger bombs? Yeah yeah ok. Not.

Kennedy had a very high approval rate too, So What? What does that prove? NOTHING.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join