It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Makarov 9 X 18 A Forgotten Classic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent
No it does not jam. Not in my experience. Russian firearms are just like Germanys ( H&K ) , in that they build great firearms.

Me and my cousin just went handgun shooting a few days ago, and between the two of us we fired about 500 rounds of ammo.

I hit a silhouette, in the head..... three times from about 75 - 80 yards. Three rounds, next to each other about a 2 1/2 inches group. We fired at multiple targets, we night fired, shot at a target on front of us and a 90 degree angle to the right - we rapid fired - weak handed shoot, draw and shoot weak handed....and a host of other scenarios. We even "Leap Frogged" each other and shot. It was a great time. 9mm 115 grain ammo was used.

Makarovs are great guns, but some people consider them substandard cause they are Russian ( Soviet ) and not brand name handguns.

Spook17

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: semperfortis

Depends on the size. The old Russian pocket maks are as uncontrollable as the Ruger lcp and equally inaccurate.

Larger 9x18 weapons are easier to control, but, in my experience, poorly manufactured.

I don't think CZ has ever skimped on R&D or quality. =]

I agree that the very small frame Makarovs can be kind of unpredictable.

<< 1   >>

join