It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOw much is a human's life worth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I guess we all asked ourselves that question, for some reason or another.
Well it seems we might have an official answer, courtesy of Saudi Arabia's Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, and so the value is...
A Bentley.

Saudi Arabia's billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal tweeted an unexpected message for the 100 fighter pilots involved in airstrikes against Yemen – each would be awarded a Bentley. The tweet, which was later deleted, sparked anger online.

link 1
link 2

So sure he deleted the tweet, and sure there is no way to know yet if he will deliver on his promise, but this detachment from tragedy, this treating a bombing of one of the poorest areas in that region as a contest that will win you a prize is sickening.
That's what it is all worth my friends. All your stories, your life, your memories, the people you love, the dreams you made reality and the ones that you are keeping for later, that song that moves you when you are sad, that hug your dad gave you, for some people all of that boils down to a car.
I'm embarrassed to be on the same planet as that animal.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Step right up and airstrike some more innocent children and you can win a big cuddly toy...

Hit a family of 6 and it's off to Barbados for a weekend break for two...
You'll see the sandy beaches and swim in the luxurious ocean...

Live a sybaritic lifestyle all for the price of your soul...

*May Cause PTSD, Night Terrors, Depression, Suicidal Thoughts & Could Lead To An Eternity In Hell. Batteries Not Included!
edit on 24-4-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Seems to me that's a question that one has to answer for themselves.

Perhaps it's worth a Bentley to him.

He doesn't speak for me.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Well the value of a life is subjective. If I asked what is the value of the life of an old man on life support who has no chance of continuing without the machines and the expense of care, you may say there is no value.
If however I asked the value of an innocent middle classes baby or toddler, you may think there is great value.
If I asked of a beautiful young lady (great value) and then told you she had murdered her kids (no value)
The social and political constructs that are currently in place have a very natural way of increasing devaluation of human life.
Until we can stop the justification of all killing including legal execution and war I'm afraid there will be little to no value at all.
You see, if I can manipulate your opinion of the person involved. I can dictate the value of his or her life. The fact that the manipulation can hold little or no truth is irrelevant once you've dehumanized an individual in front of the population mob mentality will do the rest. He/she will die for nothing and at the hands of the very people crying out for justice.
edit on 24-4-2015 by ThoughtIsMadness because: (no reason given)

top topics

join