It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother App Tracks New Jersey State Workers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Right now I'm not sure if this is good or not. Soon or later companies might want to try the same idea. I know they can track us anyway, but force you to install their App??? Maybe we should go back to those not smart phones.

Hundreds of mobile state employees, including fire and housing inspectors, must turn on a mobile app when their workday begins so their movements can be tracked, according to a report on Philly.com.

I'm in NJ and had no idea (is this happening in your state too?).....

The Field Force Manager app has been used by the Department of Workforce and Labor Development and the Department of Community Affairs since 2013

....and forget about go cry to the union...

Union representatives were told about it beforehand but didn't have any say because mandating its use didn't affect "the terms and conditions of employment,"

www.nj.com... 0c3820ee81b4#cmpid=nsltr_stryheadline

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It's already being done by several 'small' contractos - GPS on trucks.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You don't need an ap on your phone to be tracked.. to be honest you don't even need a smartphone...
what we're seeing here is a slow but steady way of us agreeing to be tracked, followed and spied on without us even thinking about it.
It's a clever plan that is in full motion.. next step electronic implants, and people will be camping outside stores for days to get one.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
got no problem with on company time, phone or vehicles. my own hell no.
and i don't or won't work for someone that tries to force me to.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
It's already being done by several 'small' contractos - GPS on trucks.

Yeah, I know about that, but those GPS are payed by the company. You pay the phone bill, that's different.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

So should they pay for them to all have phones that can install it?

I wouldn't doubt they already do though.

If this cuts down on people doing personal stuff on the cities dime I have no issues with it.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Right now I'm not sure if this is good or not. Soon or later companies might want to try the same idea. I know they can track us anyway, but force you to install their App??? Maybe we should go back to those not smart phones.

Companies already can install apps onto your company phone or your phone if they require you to install something like AirWatch.

AirWatch

With AirWatch, easily manage internal, public and purchased apps throughout the entire lifecycle across employee-owned, corporate-owned and shared devices from one central console.

edit on 15-4-2015 by Gully because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2015 by Gully because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

If this cuts down on people doing personal stuff on the cities dime I have no issues with it.

That's a problem. Who define what's personal stuff? How can we be sure they are not going too far?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I'm not concerned about it being on company time, company car and company phone. It's their dime. UPS has been doing it for years.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So should they pay for them to all have phones that can install it?

I wouldn't doubt they already do though.

if your job requires you to have a phone, then yes the company should provide you with it. yes a phone can be seen as a tool and some companies require you furnish your own, but as you know some people don't pay their bills on time, or just get the minimum service. like mine just a little tracphone lg flip phone with internet access, with now 60 days i think and 300roll over minutes, i also control how much i pay for it 20 bucks.

and yes i'm like you, if it keeps people from doing personal stuff on the cities or the companies dime, i got no problem with it.

i realize that there are things that have to be done during business hours, mon-fri, some times you got to take the time off to do, no one else should have to pay for your personal needs or business.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Who define what's personal stuff

anything your doing during company time( time your being paid for) that is not part of your job, except during breaks or with permission from the boss.

lets say your a plumbing contractor, you hire a person that goes to the doctor or goes to the lawyers office, or as it has been seen by one of the MSMs city employees sleeping in the park, during a 8 hour work day without asking you for the time to do it, do you think you should pay him.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Its been done since the 90's on most all company owned over the road trucks. One sure fire way to not be tracked is to not have a cell phone...pretty simple. If they supplied the phone then I really wouldn't have a major problem with it during work hours, otherwise the phone would stay with the government or corporate car or truck.

top topics

join