It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says ‘days of meddling’ in Latin America are past

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Until the USA shuts down their military empire and starts closing bases in the over 200 countries where they have a military base, no one will take any US President seriously that they will stop meddling in the affairs of other countries.

I doubt that the USA has ever left a country where they've set up a military base.

They're still in Germany and Japan 60 years after most other countries pulled out, and once they have a foothold, they NEVER let go.

USA - dismantle your military empire and bring your troops stationed abroad home. There is NO REASON AT ALL to have troops in bases in places like Japan.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I thought Two Face was a Batman villain.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

THAT was TUESDAY ,it's Saturday now...

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

'SCUSE me?
Desert Storm ring any bells?
4th largest army on earth?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I still am having a hard time with his move's towards Cuba

Because quarantining an entire country just because you don't like their leader is pointless and obviously hasn't accomplished any good over the last 50 years.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Because quarantining an entire country just because you don't like their leader is pointless and obviously hasn't accomplished any good over the last 50 years.

I think you'd have an easier job de-communizing Cuba by opening it up to lots and lots of tourist trade. And, too, it's easier to slip people in to have a peek around, otherwise you have to involve the Canadians (typically). Soy un Canadiense!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
There's an entire SFG (7th) that's dedicated to "advising" South and Central America. And they're busy enough that they have to rope in 10th from time to time. Also, 7th is connected to NORTHCOM, so they supply the guys for SOCNORTH, the fellows who do a lot of the buzzing around cities in MH-6's during training.

So, to say we aren't 'meddling' at this very moment is a bit of a stretch.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19226883]cavtrooper7[/post
I suppose it was a win. Since we have been back there for so many years, it is hard to remember it that way.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

We aren't too worried ...conservativepost.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I like it.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Or it means birds of the same feather flock together.

Commies need the support of each other to cover over their intentions, and this little public relations stunt is perfect and makes Obama look like a hero to his supporters.

His track record of lying to America make a much different claim all together though.
edit on 12-4-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Honestly, I have to agree with him. After the fall of the Soviet Union, there was absolutely no reason to continue the hard line policies against Cuba.

It was rather childish to take this long.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AdamuBureido

You are once again taking a childish stance against the US in the manner of counter propagandistic vitriol full of hatred and low on actual substance. You didnt actually substantiate your claims, making them less than bunk. They are outright lies. Prove what you say. Oh, and please refrain from large goofy cartoonish memes that arent even related with large capital letters laughing or mocking a member whom you didnt actually counter in argument.

Your spirit of debate is less than noble. Its angry and confrontational at best. Thats not informing anyone of anything but your bias. If you hate the US, cool. It means its very important to you.

Thats flattering really. You NEED to focus on it with lies because you cant just ignore it or say the truth.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Obama might have finally spoken a kernel of truth. Why waste your resources meddling in other countries when you can use it to follow your own citizens to the bathroom and forcibly extract all kinds of biological samples from them, make sure they wash their hands and don't let them waste any water when they flush?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Putting sanctions on Cuba is stupid. Lift them and.open trade all sanctions do.is harm the people living there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join