It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After 150,000 Years in a Cave, a Neanderthal Skull Looks Like This

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I agree with you. Although it was be intresting to bring them back I dont think its the right thing. We are social cultural beings. We cannot just bring another species of man back without a context for him to live which we cannot provide. Although extinct their DNA lives on through us.

purp.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

I know what you mean.
I meet them from time to time.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Beautiful! Instead of being completely assimilated by mother nature, it's like it became a bejeweled ornament!
Are those mushrooms growing inside the eye sockets?

Thanks for sharing this!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Imagewerx

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: Irishhaf

I did read an article not long ago about the possibility of bringing them back to life. Thought provoking stuff.. We would probably put them in a zoo or something..

purp..

In the words of Geoff Goldblum's character in Jurassic park 'It's not a case of if we can do it,more a case of should we do it?'

It's was done by Asimov...
The Ugly Little Boy
And I would add this...(hoping that the April 1'st date is incidental)
What Did Neanderthals Sound Like?

Ok thanks for that,I didn't know it had other origins.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

s/f purpr..! what a cool find.....! that some funky rock formation too...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: fluff007

Glad you like it Fluff...

purp..

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Where are all the people claiming that people where more advanced than us in the distant past? Just the other day one was saying neanderthals weren't real and evolution is bollocks made up by the "institutions"... well folks; this is what we call evidence. It supports the current theory, where's yours? And no, the pyramids don't count.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Pfft Chester copperpot gets he's head in , I mean skull in everywhere pffft

Dam you fratellies

edit on 5-4-2015 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Thanks for bringing this story to our attention. History continues to reveal itself in amazing ways.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Bacteria can calcify in this environment rather rapidly.

Here is a preview from a study,

Bacteria were isolated from cave deposits and sub‐cultured using several media containing calcium salts. Calcification began shortly after inoculation, the results being broadly similar in all media. Calcite spheres or hemispheres with a radiating fibrous structure were produced by impregnation of bacterial capsules. Colonies developed shells of calcite due to the impregnated capsules. The study of the cave deposits themselves revealed calcite structures very similar to the capsule impregnations found in the laboratory cultures. From this it would appear that bacteria become calcified in vivo in some limestone caves.

Source

Never trust their wild dating scenarios. They demonstrated it rather rapidly in a lab.

It could be possible that this fellows body seeded the cave with the bacteria from his decaying corpse, but if he fell in probably many animals did over time.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
Some more extensive information here if anyone intrested.

A team of researchers working in Italy has confirmed that Altamura Man was a Neanderthal and dating of pieces of calcite which were on the remains has revealed that the bones are 128,000 to 187,000 years old. In their paper published in the Journal of Human Evolution, the team describes how they extracted a small bone sample and examined it and what they found by doing so.

phys.org...

purp

Simply AMAZING great post purple...

you know this would be a GREAT opportunity for them to see how accurate their carbon dating system is , knowing how long it takes for these sort of formations to occur etc, and relaying that with the skull....

Not that we would ever be made privy to the truth of that lol...

Thats fantastic, the world truly is amazing isnt it? all the things we find just beneath our feet...

Imagine what is unkown to us just outside our own little globe

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hmmmm.....

Are those TWO rows of teeth?

(surprised no one else noticed.
)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join