It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quinoa and Olluco Delight - Andean Cuisine for Dogs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I've seen my dog eating same healthy recipe for too long. I'd be bored eating boiled white rice with chicken and vegetables everyday. It's time for him to have a taste of a home-made food with my andean touch.

Before creating this recipe I did a research based on the ingredients I used and didn't find any restrictions. Using organic ingredients is also important if you want to cook for your 4-legged loved ones.

The Ingredients :

Ground meat, grated carrots, Olluco, yams (with skin), mushrooms, Quinoa and one egg. I put the egg in the middle to give a simple reference of the amount of the other ingredients used and the size of the cut. Olluco is a tuber easy to find on the frozen section in many supermarkets.

The Preparation :

Cook the quinoa with water.

Add the olluco, mushrooms and yams when the water starts to boil. The mix will be ready when the yams are tender, add a bit more water if need but be careful, we don't want to make a soup.

Meanwhile, boil the egg.

Now it's time to add the carrots.

Using your hands, drop the meat on the mix in bite-size chunks. As you see, the meat will be almost raw (that's important). Turn off the fire immediately and mix with a spoon.

At this point, this is how the mix should look like (notice the food is moist).

The twist on this recipe. I used the eggshell too.

Add the smashed egg (shell included) and mix one more time.

First he looked at me like " What is this ? ", then he went nuts and left his dish shiny.

He didn't give me a chance to take a photo of him with the food.

Ok, ok...., couple of spoons more and that's it !

Feel free to make the changes you want to the recipe, maybe you can use turkey or chicken instead.

edit on 6-3-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hey buddy, that is great thanks for sharing. I actually just appreciated seeing how a person from the Andean culture prepares quinoa! I do love that grain, apparently dogs do too.
edit on 6-3-2015 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Hey buddy, that is great thanks for sharing. I actually just appreciated seeing how a person from the Andean culture prepares quinoa! I do love that grain, apparently dogs do too.

Sulpayki (Thank you). I confess after taste it, I was about to save some for me. Just need to add some salt.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Alright. I'll be the first to say it. It looks like something I wouldn't mind having for lunch, myself.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Very. very cool, Trueman! Interesting about the eggshell...

Love the look on his face when it was gone. Like, "More, please!?"

Definitely going to try this for Tazer. Will let you know how he likes it.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I know I was sitting here getting hungry, making soba though, I'll save the quinoa for dinner

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Haha..., that's a great compliment. Thank you so much!

It taste good, just need salt if you want to eat it.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Very. very cool, Trueman! Interesting about the eggshell...

Love the look on his face when it was gone. Like, "More, please!?"

Definitely going to try this for Tazer. Will let you know how he likes it.

Thank you.

Thank you. It was our conversation in your thread about Purina that inspired me.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Looks delicious! I wouldn't cook the meat or the egg. I'd just crack it right over the top and toss in the shell. My dogs hear me crack and egg and come running, because I always give the shell to them.

Thanks for the pics and recipe!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Eggshells are a great food, not only for dogs. I have another recipe for a drink that includes eggshell and stout. Not for dogs

I'll try to post it one of these days.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

ill give my dog scraps lol but i never made it a meal before there are satarving people man lol.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777
a reply to: Trueman

ill give my dog scraps lol but i never made it a meal before there are satarving people man lol.

I can't feed the world, but helped homeless when had the opportunity.

I see my dog as my own child, I want him to be healthy. Nothing wrong with that.
edit on 7-3-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join