It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supposed to fly out in this weather today...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Idk if our flight will be cancelled tonight or not...But we're supposed to fly to AZ tonight. Made plans to stay in Tempe, AZ tonight and then going up to Grand Canyon Village tomorrow (I really wanted to see the GC and shoot it...with my camera, lol) but it's going to be snowing and raining there tomorrow and Monday!

Snow I can handle and it will make for a beautiful image, especially one processed in B&W. Plus, hey! NO CROWDS!!

Wish I had booked a spa in Tucson or near Phoenix instead...Near perfect weather in both of those locales.

Wahhh!

BTW, does anyone know if you prepay for a room (I used AAA's site....better rates and any other travel site and well worth the cost of membership, IMHO) and the flight is cancelled due to extreme weather, will I get a refund?

I've never flown in the winter before and I must say I am NOT looking forward to flying in this storm!!

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Depending on where you are flying can definitely be much safer than driving. I couldn't even get my car out to get to work this morning- all it did was spin out in the ice and slush- but I tried like heck to get out.

If you can make it to the airport you will be fine. Airplanes generally fly above the storm, the only danger is in take off and landing. I have flown in snow storms and other than short spurts of turbulence it was uneventful.

Enjoy your trip!

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Thanks for the info! Definitely makes me feel a little better...

So far not that many flights have been delayed/cancelled. It is such a short trip that if our flight out gets cancelled it'll pretty much mess it all up and we will just stay home and reschedule...

Guess we will have to see how it plays out. It isn't going to stop snowing here until 2100...So far there is 4" more on the ground. Really, really sick of this cold and snowy weather.

new topics

join