It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belief in a Winged Horse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I watched the interview between Medhi Hassan and Richard Dawkins and just this clip of the interview stood out. Medhi Hassan went to oxford and is political editor of the Huffington Post UK and the presenter of al-Jazeera ­English's The Café. I can see the absurdity in his belief and I suppose others can too but it seems that people can't see the absurdity in their own belief. Richard is astonished that he believes in Mohammed going to heaven on a flying horse and Medhi Hassan asked Richard to prove that he didn't. It is like believing in Pegasus from Greek mythology. At the end of the video is the supposed place that Mohammed tied up his flying horse. Through out the interview Medhi was trying to discredit and catch him in something.

edit on 16-2-2015 by celticdog because: finger slipped

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: celticdog
Inged horses don't exist...neither does your link....wink wink
premature postitis hey?
belief in ridiculous stuff is no stranger to any religion I am aware of...that said id bet Dawkins was extrmely non plussed by this stance.....
Shakes head.....
How do the brainiest people get stupid ideas fixed in their heads....programming during their youth...we all have traces of it....

edit on 16-2-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Or believing in a burning bush that talks or an eight armed blue person orfeeding the masses with a single fish and loaf of bread.

I'm sure there's a thousand more bits of silliness in the religious texts yet billions of people believe this tripe.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling
The video does work. I use to be blind as to how my own beliefs looked to other people. looking at it now they seem so silly. Yea premature postitis lol

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
No big deal.....just kidding ya....
got a link to the whole thing?? thanx in advance...s

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I wonder if Christians believe in winged horses? Unicorns and giants are in the bible, so I'm curious as to what their opinion would be on this.

I think the whole thing is bunk btw. Why a winged horse? Why not just an ascent into heaven like Jesus or Enoch?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Mohammed had to split the moon in two as well so I guess he needed Pegasus for some help.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I wonder if Christians believe in winged horses?

I dont know about winged horses but they seem to believe in flying horses without wings

s246.photobucket.com...
edit on 16-2-2015 by rokkuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Winged horses? Why not? Christians believe this:

11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.
2 Kings 2

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: windword
I forgot about that I guess that story was borrowed as well. I just like the astonishment from Dawkins in the video.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
If you believe in a deity who is all-powerful and created all there is, then you also believe that deity can, when it chooses, work things that defy reality. They almost never do so, but they can. So for a Muslim to believe Mohammad rode a winged horse sent by Allah? OK.

It's no more weird than for the dev of an MMO to design a special avatar for him or herself that no one else in the game world can have and to bestow special titles on select gamers who happen to run across said dev. They are like gods dispensing miracles. They know the code of their world and they can rewrite it at their choosing.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Yes well, Dawkins did admit that he WAS unable to PROVE that a winged horse DIDN'T carry Muhammad to heaven, so I guess Dawkins is a winged horse agnostic!

new topics

top topics

join