It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theory Becomes Fact: Oil Collapse Is All About Crushing Russian Control Over Syria

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

This is true. And more. Yesterday they passed a law, that allows commander to shoot soldier if he doesn't want to obey his orders. Even thought the constitution says that soldier is not to obey commander if he thinks that it is against the law.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: baburak

Thanks !

Yeah, I posted that from the shooting yesterday in this thread.

Are you from the Ukraine ?

I have been reading and seeing from a lot of videos the mood has become very much against the war in the Ukraine, but I have to rely on English written Russian sources because the Western media doesn`t report on it. Although they use seemingly reports and statements coming from Kiev as a basis, I still like to get some more conformation.

So now they want to drag in NATO countries because there aren`t enough to fight for them anymore. No surprise that the leaders of DPR and LPR called for the mobilization of an extra 100.000 troops.

You have to be nuts to wanting to go into that slaughter house, I read rumours that Kiev is understating the amount of casualties big time, and not even from recent fighting but also from last summer. So it`s no wonder that there`s very low support for it.
edit on 6 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I have been reading and seeing from a lot of videos the mood has become very much against the war in the Ukraine, but I have to rely on English written Russian sources because the Western media doesn`t report on it. Although they use seemingly reports and statements coming from Kiev as a basis, I still like to get some more conformation.

This article seems to be fairly close to be objective
gordonhahn.com...
With multiple sources from local press

In response the regime has banned draft age men from leaving their home districts, so military committees can track them down (vesti-ukr.com...). In addition, Chief of the Mobilization Administration of the Defense and Mobilization Planning Administration of the Ukrainian Armed Forces General Staff Oleg Boiko stated that because “those of draft age are emigrating by whole villages” in a “mass exodus abroad”, new legislation is being drawn up to change the rules for travel abroad by those subject to the military draft (vesti-ukr.com...).
Observing these trends Putin offered on January 26 that Russian laws be amended to allow Ukrainians of draft age to stay longer in Russia than the presently allowed limit of 90 days within any 180-day period in order to draw potential draftees from Ukraine. In quick order – a mere two days later – Russia’s rules were changed to allow Ukrainians subject to the military draft back home arriving in Russia to remain in the country untilt the end of the “crisis” (vesti-ukr.com...).

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

Thanks that was a good read !

...the massive refusal to go to fight and DPR and LPR accepting a great deal of autonomy but staying within the Ukraine is probably the only thing which can end this madness.

But with Kiev not getting orders to stop it it keeps on going.

And even than it`s the nationalist battalions who want to keep on fighting which are a big problem.

Far-right nationalist paramilitaries in Ukraine determined to make war, not peace

According to Ukrainian political scientists, there are more than 50 such battalions at the moment.

Ukrainian Interior Minister Arsen Avakov has slammed the rally by Aidar militants in front of the Defense Ministry as betrayal. "Attempts to block the Defense Ministry of a country in wartime, especially during active frontline clashes is an act of treason," Avakov said on his page in Facebook. He argued that some volunteer battalion members were real heroes, while others preferred to indulge in armed robberies.

Even by Ukraine’s current laws, the volunteer battalions are illegal armed groups and constitute a threat to Ukraine itself. President Poroshenko has to put up with their pressures with little chance of ever putting them under control, president of the Center for Current Politics Sergey Mikheyev told TASS. He believes that these paramilitary forces had been beyond the authorities’ control as of the day of their emergence.

Source

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

But with Kiev not getting orders to stop it it keeps on going.

Meanwhile, I can see that major US propaganda mouthpieces continuing to add fuel to their hostile language.

New York Times Feb. 6 2015

Ukraine Insists Any Pact With Putin Must Adhere to Terms Set in September Accord

The usage of word "pact" is symptomatic.
My advice to Putin, don't sign any pacts , the previous pacts with fascists ended not so well for USSR/Russia.

Best reply from Putin would be
Russia Insists Any Pact With Obama Must Adhere to Terms Set in February 1945 Accord of Yalta.

Anecdotally, according to US Department of State Yalta conference took part in the Russian city in Crimea

The Yalta Conference took place in a Russian resort town in the Crimea from February 4–11, 1945, during World War Two.
Source

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

I thought this was interesting information because it comes original from a France source.

Peace plan of Merkel and Hollande is attempt to wrest initiative from US side — media

Paris and Berlin consider the US solution to deliver weapons to Ukraine very risky and are unwilling to accept it, an article published on Friday by France’s influential magazine L’Obs says.

Source

While it could be another attempted to save the small remains from what is left of the Ukrainian army, it also could be that the European leaders are finally acting a bit more sensible.

Of course it also could be US on the one hand just putting pressure on Separatists/Kremlin with weapon threatening and Hollande/Merkel combo giving a way out on the other hand. Poroshenko and the rest of Kiev must be now also under a lot of pressure to go along with it.

This time they should be only given a very short compliance time and the pocket should remain closed unless they want to surrender.

And Kiev will be having a lot of trouble with the rogue nationalist battalions if this is implemented.

I think both the Separatists and Russia should seriously consider this or else the whole of Ukraine becomes a battlefield, and that won`t be good for them either.

I questioned as to why they were sending in such poorly trained soldiers in a couple of weeks ago with poor attacks, the answer might well be that they decided to need a way out and what a better way out than when you might give the impression you`re forced too.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

They don't have to accept it - that is their choice. We have seen how, over the past year, talking has failed to end Russian involvement in Ukraine. If talks fail there really is not much else left, except for appeasement. A term that Europeans seem to not understand in terms of how that makes more problems than it solves.

The Us has not started sending lethal aid to Ukraine and the debate is still ongoing in our government as we speak. However, there are European nations who are sending lethal aid to Ukraine yet for some reasons you guys completely ignore those facts.

Is it because its not the US doing it?

As for rogue battalions they have a choice - comply or go away. We see the same thing occurring on the Pro Russian side with internal power struggles and Russian units forcing the surrender of some pro Russian units.

Why is Ukraine sending in poorly trained soldiers? Because when Russia invades your country you do what you can to slow / stop the advance until you can train more units. You then rotate them and keep the training going. Your not stupid and you knew the answer.. You are trying to push the false narrative of how the Kiev government is treating its army.

The difference between Kiev and Moscow when it comes to their military operations - Kiev at least acknowledges their forces are involved in combat where as Russia denies it, then denies the soldiers existence when they are killed.

That strategy blew up in the USSR's face in Afghanistan and its blowing up in their face in Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

edit on 2/6/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I am not from Ukraine (at least not for the last 15 years) but I have relatives and friends there I speak with. I also read numerous Ukrainian and Russian media. And forums from pro-separatists and pro-ukrainians.

P.S.: and good thing I am not living there because I would have still lived in Mariupol in the building that was bombed two weeks ago.
edit on 6-2-2015 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Apparently the French article was right...

McCain is fuming again !

Google Translate

Finally European politicians have grown some balls and a pair of ovaries.

Of course that bloody warmonger of a McCain wants to continue and make an even bigger war.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

What they are demonstrating is democracy and freedom... Russia should take notes.

How does it tie into your OP? You know, the one that has been debunked in the past yet you just keep recycling it.
edit on 6-2-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This is all speculation, we cannot take this as fact until we get off our computers and do something about it.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join