It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa and Space x partner up to launch astronaughts in 2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Interesting news....but I am leary of the idea that Space may be monopolized somewhat....You know what they say...."the firstes gets the mostest

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Secret plot for commercialization of space so disclosure can happen! If a public company releases the information the government does not have to deny a cover up! (Made up theory) 0% Credibility.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intunewithmyself
Now that's a pregnant thought...they already turned the UFO information over to private hands....

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intunewithmyself

Secret plot for commercialization of space so disclosure can happen! If a public company releases the information the government does not have to deny a cover up! (Made up theory) 0% Credibility.

Interesting news. I don't think it'll be the reason for disclosure but I think things will move along faster in that regard.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

On the one hand, I entirely empathise with your position. Ordinarily speaking, the closer the corporations get to any resource, ANY RESOURCE and a monopoly upon it, the worse for all of us.

However, it has to be said that the governments of the power nations on this planet, have long held a monopoly on space travel, and they are constantly coming under fire, sometimes from the membership or elements of the membership of this very website, for not being transparent about the reasons for what they do, how they go about them, or where they get the technology to do them, or even IF they have done them!

So you have this strange situation where none of the organisations currently capable or intending to become capapable, of launching a space mission, inspire the smallest crumb of trust amongst persons in the conspiracy community. You have the corporate bodies who cannot be trusted because they are ruled by profit and loss, not science and wisdom, and you have the governments, who are beholden only to whatever happens to provide them with some sort of power, and again have no particular interest in science, aside from that which affects the aforementioned metric by which they measure the worth of things!

Neither paradigm is in any way ideal of course, and I think that we are incredibly fortunate to live in an era where that is obvious to all of us. However, that does rather leave the elephant in the room as it were, that being, if we are not able to trust the governments of the world to represent the people of the world in space, and we are unable to trust the corporations to go there without making a pig awful mess of the solar system before a decent percentage of the population get to actually visit it, WHO then, can we turn to?

I think it is reasonable to suggest that someone, some group of someones more precisely, MUST be tasked to explore space, and learn the ways we might travel in it with more ease and more broadly than we are capable of today. There must always be someone out there working on the future of our species, and the effort to expand our species beyond the atmosphere within which it evolved, to distribute our species across as many worlds as possible for the purpose of not having all our eggs in one basket!

The question remains, who should do this?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I believe the answer is obvious....an international consortium of countries all working and contributing o a single space venture, instead of any one country or corporation.......That said, I also can see that very strict disclosure protocols must be put in place to insure world wide benefit.....

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I can see what you mean, but I think that international co-operation on the scale required would be quite impossible given the current geopolitical climate. Given also, that the aforementioned political situation is what it is, and shows no sign of improvement, any such organisation would be a pipe dream at this point.

Further to that, it must also be recognised that centralising things places all ones eggs in one basket, and if that organisation, that pipe dream, were to fail or be flummoxed by corruption, it would be a total disaster for space science. Furthermore, the more centralised it becomes, the more the space industry would be accessed by corporate interests, with their kickbacks, their hush money, their inhuman need for ever greater excesses of profit. That access would make corruption even more likely than it is now, and it would be foolish to think that there is none.

Creating the UN of space would be a surefire way of ensuring we get no where in my view!

new topics

top topics

join