It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are Babies: Why Any Aliens We Contact or Meet Are Likely to Be Very Advanced

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Well there would be a drive towards space travel if for nothing other than survival of the species. All stars eventually balloon out as they age so a planet which was comfortable for the first 4 billion years or so might become very uncomfortable in another 2 billion thus forcing a species to spread out first beyond its world then beyond its solar system.

Great thread. However the above is just an assumption from a human perspective. It is equally valid to state that they might have overcome the necessity of a physical body and simply changed into essence or spirit - could be a "cheaper" form of life extension/immortality.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

where are they now? Why haven't they said hello, they are taking their sweet time.

Oh thats easy.

The inhibitors - from Revelation Space series by Alistair Reynolds

Destruction of nascent space faring civilization for the greater good

The Inhibitors are the intelligence left over from a massive war — the Dawn War — that occurred between the first few civilizations that arose in the Milky Way galaxy. Initially an organic race, they later made use of extensive cybernetics to enhance themselves, and eventually discarded their organic forms entirely to become wholly machine. The hints of a quadrupedal, warm-blooded vertebrate (also known as mammalian) past can be faintly discerned in their architectures.
They are non-sapient machinery, referring to themselves as post-intelligent. They function on unknown principles speculated in the novel to be femtotechnology or "structured" spacetime and are capable of self-replication. Their technology often manifests as black cubes of "pure force" and is immune to conventional human weaponry; the machinery is easily capable of dodging most weapons thrown at it (usually temporary holes will appear and allow the shot to pass through) or is simply unaffected by it. The machinery can only be defeated by alien weapons supplied by the Hades Matrix or the Nestbuilders. They were created by the survivors of the Dawn War and their task is to inhibit the spread of intelligent life beyond individual planets or solar systems: the purpose, stated in Redemption Ark, being to shepherd the galaxy through a crisis 3 billion years (or 13 Galactic Turns) in the future: the Andromeda–Milky Way collision. By confining sapient life to only a few planets, they make the process of moving stars and systems (for collision avoidance during the crisis) far easier and more centralized, thus preserving life

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: steamiron

Its like on one hand nobody believes ufo reports and the other hand are saying civilizations will be "millions" of years advanced. i guess we can have one and not the other?? If one of those civilizations came a calling how would we know??

Thats what I find ludicrous with msm "mainstream science" religion. They use probability and averages to extrapolate. Yet they have a hard time reconciling that we may have been visited by aliens.

I like Velikovskys work

www.knowledge.co.uk...

Worlds in Collision is a book that proposes that many myths and traditions of ancient peoples and cultures are based on actual events: worldwide global catastrophes of a celestial origin, which had a profound effect on the lives, beliefs and writings of early mankind.
"Worlds in Collision is a book of wars in the celestial sphere that took place in historical times. In these wars the planet earth participated too. [...] The historical-cosmological story of this book is based in the evidence of historical texts of many people around the globe, on classical literature, on epics of the northern races, on sacred books of the peoples of the Orient and Occident, on traditions and folklore of primitive peoples, on old astronomical inscriptions and charts, on archaeological finds, and also on geological and paleontological material." - Worlds In Collision, Preface.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AmmonSeth

There is an inbuilt need in all living beings to "go forth and multiply"

Life Is
Being is
To experience
Its all beautiful

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: steamiron

we may have been visited by aliens.

May have been? That's cute

And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, "Come and see". And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, "Come and see". And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, "Come and see". And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, "A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine".
And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, "Come and see". And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join