It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea goes completely offline: Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

North Korea is having major Internet problems, just days after President Barack Obama promised a proportional response to the devastating hacks against Sony.

According to the research firm, North Korea's Internet grew steadily worse beginning Sunday night, and then went completely offline Monday morning.

"I haven't seen such a steady beat of routing instability and outages in KP before," Doug Madory, director of Internet analysis at DYN Research, told North Korea Tech. "Usually there are isolated blips, not continuous connectivity problems. I wouldn't be surprised if they are absorbing some sort of attack presently."

www.cnbc.com...

So the US retaliates...

No question that Cyber-warfare becomes more of a reality with each passing year..

I think this is of specific interest, because it gives everyone a glimpse of what the USA is potentially capable of.

It was timed with a State Department statement expressing that they thought North Korea should re-imburse Sony for damages

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5
Maybe NK will decide that they should unilaterally cease fire in the cyber war.
I hope so.
This could get ugly.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

The other question is escalation..

If we can flip the switch on North Korea's internet access, can other countries do the same to us? Or is the infrastructure biased to favor the US?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Maybe NK will decide that they should unilaterally cease fire in the cyber war.
I hope so.
This could get ugly.

I think Kim Jong-Un is an online gamer when he isn't posing as a god...he might be executing tech support staff by now.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

The other question is escalation..

If we can flip the switch on North Korea's internet access, can other countries do the same to us? Or is the infrastructure biased to favor the US?

A good question.
I think it would be better if everyone tried to get along. Any escalation would be bad, especially if it dealt with a country's infrastructure.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Please add to the discussion already in progress here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Closed.

top topics

join