It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

boston: uber driver accused of raping passenger

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

Still waiting on New Delhi to ban public buses...

Ironically, I've been in the final stages of my application to become an Uber driver for awhile (I have procrastination issues). Not a rapist, luckily, just an insomniac.

I'm blown away by the idea of someone being so sexually depraved they think they can force intercourse on someone & not have it come back on them.

Attn Ladies, Frys electronic has small travel mase for $5. It's your job to be ready to protect yourselves.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: the owlbear
I had a feeling once it got big we'd start to hear about the crazies using it for their gratification. Craigslist, anyone? Good thing Uber is worth that much. They're going to have to pay out millions in civil lawsuits.

Curious, can a woman call for Uber and request a female driver? It's possible Uber may have to start specifically HIRING women just for this purpose. To put women at ease, so that when women need a ride, they can HAVE a women driver and they don't have to worry about sexual assault. (I mean it's a very sad state of affairs that I even have to type this, but if this is what it takes to turn Uber around, here and overseas, they may have to do just that.)

What happens when the sickos start requesting female drivers as well?

Very true! You're right. I didn't even think of that. And you can't post a photo of yourself, because you can be "Catfished", as they call it. Crazy world we've become. I thank God I have a car that works. (Knock on LOTS of wood!)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
a reply to: jaws1975

Still waiting on New Delhi to ban public buses...

Ironically, I've been in the final stages of my application to become an Uber driver for awhile (I have procrastination issues). Not a rapist, luckily, just an insomniac.

I'm blown away by the idea of someone being so sexually depraved they think they can force intercourse on someone & not have it come back on them.

Attn Ladies, Frys electronic has small travel mase for $5. It's your job to be ready to protect yourselves.

Because of asthma, I can't use pepper spray and things like it, especially in confined spaces. But I do have a very nice, very handy, possibly illegal hidden pen knife I got at a flea market in GA for $5. Where the ink would go is a very nice sharp knife. I take it everywhere, along with my 1 1/2 inch switchblade.

<< 1   >>

join