It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Where are the moderators or site owners that are stepping up to tell Proob that it will be okay? That he doesn't need to donate his plasma for the site to continue. Maybe I missed it but I have not seen a single response to this from the staff and the longer this goes on, the more disturbing I find it.
edit on 19/12/14 by WhiteAlice because: english, I do speak

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Just my worthless 2 cents, but I think we have opened a big can of worms here.

I've already made it known that I do not find it "cool" to donate money to a for-profit business, especially when their revenue is generated by the work the members provide for free, but has anyone else thought of what may come of all of this?

First, let's say that a member decides to donate the max amount, $2500. Are they still subject to the same level of tolerance from the staff and admin as the rest of us? If they do something that would get the rest of us banned, would they be given a slap on the wrist since they donated such a large amount?

Now you might say, the staff will not know whom donated what, but people have been posting confirmation numbers and amounts in this thread. If someone donated $2500.....they will brag about it and we will know. How will we feel when someone that donated to the sight gets banned? Will there be backlash for that?

Also, it has been suggested that ATS may be able to "compensate financially" those members that contribute considerably to the sight.

That means those threads that generate page hits.....flags, etc. What seems to generate the most flags/attention on ATS?

The extreme threads.

Haven't we seen that many threads that generate the most attention and flags seem to be extreme political threads that tend to be rooted in absolute nonsense?

How does that favor the future of ATS when they are possibly going to pay the people that post false and misleading information to further their political agenda or beliefs?

Seems to me that this entire idea is setting ATS up to be nothing more than an elitist GLP where you are paid to post your extremist BS nonsense.
Or it's really just people in need? People in need only ask for money when they really need it BTW. I like you and just would like you to think about that for a second.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

I admire your spirit. But as for doing your part here, YOU ARE ALREADY every time you post here. You are NOT obligated to contribute funds to ATS, that is an option for those who want to, and can contribute voluntarily.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

SO explained quite clearly at the beginning of the thread: If you can't donate, that's fine. If you don't have the money, that is fine.

Proob is an adult, who can do as they wish. Personally, I would tell him to keep his money and use it for something useful. Once said however, Proob will do what Proob wants to do.

Brow beating him into not doing something that he wants to do is not the answer.

There are a LOT of people that donate blood and sell their blood. Many do it everyday. If he wants to sell is blood for money, that money is his to do with as he wishes.

This is what it boils down to: It's really none of your business. You've given him your opinion. He'll either listen to you and do what you wish him to do, or he will do what he wants to do.

That should be the end of it.

edit on 12/19/2014 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
Where are the moderators or site owners that are stepping up to tell Proob that it will be okay? That he doesn't need to donate his plasma for the site to continue. Maybe I missed it but I have not seen a single response to this from the staff and the longer this goes on, the more disturbing I find it.
No, No, No Please don't do or say post's like that. I really feel i need to help. it's not even certain that i can donate plasma yet. Please as i said i just recently was told about this plasma donation and just thought wow, income and then ATS came to mind. Please Admin I am not donating plasma just to donate to ATS. That is not what I am doing at all. I just would like to contribute if I can somehow and if the plasma gig works out I am more than willing to contribute. No big deal for me. I just want to help.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I have to help them, I have to.

You probably missed it because it got deleted, but last night you inspired me to donate in your name when you mentioned you were going through a rough patch. You also inspired Windword to do the same thing.

Wait until you're on your feet. Your content contributions and spirit have already helped quite a bit.

This should be the last of worries at the moment, and you've already helped more than you probably realize.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I like you too. You have my utmost respect for your willingness to give when you have little to nothing to give.

But keep in mind that these folks are not "in need".....they own other business' and seem to be doing quite well.

Think about that, please.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Hey long time no see.

:beer:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
NVM, more explanatory posts follow.

STM
edit on 19-12-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Hey Domo!

I miss ya buddy.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

SO explained quite clearly at the beginning of the thread: If you can't donate, that's fine. If you don't have the money, that is fine.

Proob is an adult, who can do as they wish. Personally, I would tell him to keep his money and use it for something useful. Once said however, Proob will do what Proob wants to do.

Brow beating him into not doing something that he wants to do is not the answer.

There are a LOT of people that donate blood and sell their blood. Many do it everyday. If he wants to sell is blood for money, that money is his to do with as he wishes.

This is what it boils down to: It's really none of your business. You've given him your opinion. He'll either listen to you and do what you wish him to do, or he will do what he wants to do.

That should be the end of it.

He's convinced that the site is going to go down if he doesn't do it. I think, considering that first post, it does actually warrant a response from a moderator or owner to remind him of that directly. You're absolutely right in that little that I can say is going to dissuade him. I'm asking why you all haven't.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

I admire your spirit. But as for doing your part here, YOU ARE ALREADY every time you post here. You are NOT obligated to contribute funds to ATS, that is an option for those who want to, and can contribute voluntarily.
I never feel obligated. I just have a lot of passion for this place and it would be a very sad day if ATS was no more. That's all. I just feel I have to help. What if was short by a few bucks and did have to close the site? At least I could be rest assured i played my part.

I know everyone is overwhelmed and sad that ATS has come to this point. But hell i would pay even for this as a subscriber site if i was working. ATS is awesome, everyday!

Please help them through this.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Just a note on Paypal. If you are creating an account, make sure you are not running the MS high contrast desktop themes. They are basically incompatible with most commerce systems. It's the colors map ... questions and buttons can become masked. I switch between them and normal because of this problem.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I have to help them, I have to.

You probably missed it because it got deleted, but last night you inspired me to donate in your name when you mentioned you were going through a rough patch. You also inspired Windword to do the same thing.

Wait until you're on your feet. Your content contributions and spirit have already helped quite a bit.

This should be the last of worries at the moment, and you've already helped more than you probably realize.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Springer did already.

originally posted by: Springer

My friend, you never, ever, have to feel obligated to donate to ATS.

You take care of yourself first.

If, after you have your basics covered and you still have an extra fiver, go buy yourself a good cigar, a hamburger, whatever you want. Please don't concern yourself with this site at this point.

It's obvious to me at least that we have your support in a very meaningful way just based on what you posted, that's worth much more than any money could be.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

1) I already did, in my post.

2) I can't speak for the other staff, but as for me, he's a free adult, meaning he can do what he wants to do.

3) Donating or selling blood is, again it seems I have to repeat, something that people do everyday. What he chooses to do with the money is up to him. Not me. Not you. Not anyone else here on these boards.

4) Everyone has been told: If you don't have the money, do not worry about it. If you have the money but still don't want to donate, that's fine too.

link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

I like you too. You have my utmost respect for your willingness to give when you have little to nothing to give.

But keep in mind that these folks are not "in need".....they own other business' and seem to be doing quite well.

Think about that, please.
I am aware of that aspect as well, but what if we really do not understand the logistics of ATS and what they want to do to further this site? What would we do then if the site went permanently down? Sorry good friend but I am on their side. I been here long enough to have seen drastic improvements to this site. And if they need cash so be it. Why not? What they give is gold right?

link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

In case you missed it go back to page 23, BigFatFurryTexan, ATS Mod's post.

STM

This was his response to Proob.

a reply to: proob4 in my singular year of college, plasma donations is what bought my beer. well, and occasionally some gas/groceries.

His response reminding about SO's statement was to me. Big difference.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

It's clear that Springer and several ATS Mods responded to Proob4.

STM

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

1) I already did, in my post.

2) I can't speak for the other staff, but as for me, he's a free adult, meaning he can do what he wants to do.

3) Donating or selling blood is, again it seems I have to repeat, something that people do everyday. What he chooses to do with the money is up to him. Not me. Not you. Not anyone else here on these boards.

4) Everyone has been told: If you don't have the money, do not worry about it. If you have the money but still don't want to donate, that's fine too.

Thank you! Amen! I don't want to upset anyone about the whole plasma thing. But again i want to do my part. the whole plasma gig aint even carved in stone yet. please people all I am trying to do is help you and ATS keep this place of ours, That's all.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join