It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neanderthal habitat, interactive display (in French)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This websited (unfortunately in French) shows an interactive guide to Neanderthal habitation site

To the website if you don't speak french the images are worth the trip

Go to the website and you will see this and click on 'Version interactive' in the right hand side the brown oval with read rectangles

On the image above follow the arrow and click on Typologies

The interactive site looks like that!

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

my French is really rusty but still, this was pretty interesting and a nice change of pace after a week in the Yucatan! As always, thanks for posting this. Its reminiscent of elements of Iroquois structures and reminds me that "humanity" and "culture" go much farther back than the 30-40 KY niche most anthropologists try to neatly fit "humanity" into and everything we think of as "ours" was well developed long before we were us.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

my French is really rusty but still, this was pretty interesting and a nice change of pace after a week in the Yucatan! As always, thanks for posting this. Its reminiscent of elements of Iroquois structures and reminds me that "humanity" and "culture" go much farther back than the 30-40 KY niche most anthropologists try to neatly fit "humanity" into and everything we think of as "ours" was well developed long before we were us.

How as the 'Yuck', as we use to call it lovingly? Yeah despite the French it had some good imagery.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It's been a really long time since I had to use what was back then, a rather rudimentary grasp en francaise but was still able to muddle my way through for the most part and the pictures were totally worthwhile. As for The Yuck... Couldn't have picked a better time of year to go. I only made
It to Tulum and Chacchoben. I was supposed to go to Altun Ha as well but the ever eager explorer that I am slipped on one of the temples at Chacchoben and messed my leg up so walking was out of the question by the time I got to Belize. I've got a couple hundred pictures to go through as I just got back last night but will definitely be putting something together shortly and maybe do a compare and contrast between a classical Mayan site and a post classical. I definitely don't have the patience to deal with tourists who want to get glamour shots taken of themselves on the steps if every temple they see and made a few vague and veiled threats to get them to move for me but all in all it was a pretty worthwhile trip and even though it probably won't be noticeable in the photos, I'm pretty sure I found something at Chacchoben that hasn't been looked at or excavated which was, for a nerd like me, pretty awesome.

new topics

top topics

join