It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi there, looking forward to a lively discussion...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I am kinda new to this.

I love the site.

I am a closet technophile, wanna be engineer.

conservative by nature, republican by choice, although have some difficulties with some of the policies put forth by the administration. steel tariffs, tax cut tooooo small-(11 trillion $ yearly economy!!!), not a fan of Bush prior to his election-i liked forbes-could anyone spell "flat tax") but pleasnatly surprised by the leadership of dubya.

I say this because of my military background and business experiences. Ya, I am a flag waver at times, but have travelled the world over and there is beauty and something to take from other countries. I believe we are the guiding light for freedom, not perfect, but open and free. This site, the discussions, the press, etc...

Well, hello again to everyone. Let the fun begin...

[Edited on 1-6-2003 by pokerbob]

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hi pokerbob, like playing poker?

"and something to take from other countries"

well I guess the holy trinity of bush, cheney and rumsfeld agree with ya there

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
gotta say I love texas hold'em

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Bob. Hope you have a great time here.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hey Pokerbob welcome to ATS. I look forward to getting to know you.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Welcome bob, don't eat the big white mint...

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hey look, we have another one in the gates!

Quick, Ocelot, tag 'em!

Ycon, close the gates before he turns around.

Who's got the shots?

(and welcome to the asylum... so... do you play poker?)

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Welcome Bob! Just approach most posts with an open mind and you will be good to go!

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Alien has the shots, and the tranq's.

Poker, don't bet the farm on any one thread. Wnever there's a doubt, just remember that the House is right, but the House is fair and not looking to rip anyone off.

Read the rules of the board, and drink lots of beer.

Keep right except to pass.

Bush ain't no Reagan, but who is?

There is no Simon, he is just an unbelievable powerful computer located somewhere in Great Britain that controls approximately 65% of the world's computers, telecommunications and powergrid. Don't piss it off and you will be allowed to survive.

Anyway, welcome aboard and enjoy yourself. And if you refuse your tranqs, let Alien know and he'll give them to me. We already have a prearranged deal.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Thanks, and bet the cards on where sit in relation to the button!!!!

Given the current times, some books to look at:
Paris 1919! Gives an idea of France and how they view there place in the world. A European leader as an offset to the US dominance.

Dereliction of Duty-The Clinton whitehouse and the military as told by the officer who carried the nuclear football.

Useful idiots-the liberal establishment and how they got it wrong! The cold war to sept 11.

Again, thanks for the greetings.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Hey pokerbob...new to this thing too huh? Well all I can say is we're two at two different ends of the magnet...who's positive who's negative? You tell me. Anyway, I'm liberal, open to everything, and not a fan of Bush. The best thing about this is that I think we can learn a lot from each other, because that is the only reason I'm here. To voice my opinion from time to time, but most of all to become informed. I'm young but hate being blind. I look forward to many convos with you all. PEACE!

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Take a look at some of the books listed in my previous post. If truly open to new ideas, they will enlighten you and definitely surprise you. I have more, and will share as I go through them.

As a history buff, it seems to repeat itself in the most off handed ways. A lively banter is expected!

Look forward to your conversion-(you are just not informed yet!). Take care

[Edited on 2-6-2003 by pokerbob]

top topics

join