It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawrence Lessig: The Man You Have Never Heard Of Who Should Be Running In 2016

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
a reply to: tavi45

Isn't she the one we had a thread on recently and she supports Israel? If so, then she's just another bootlicker(like all of the others, no surprise there) and can't be trusted, no matter what else she says that may be right.

I will admit I know little about her but if that's true, then I can't jump on her bandwagon.

The controversy was sparked in late April 2012, when the Boston Herald revealed[1] that in the late 1990s Harvard Law School had promoted Warren as a Native American faculty member, based on a report in The Harvard Crimson in 1996[2]:

“Although the conventional wisdom among students and faculty is that the Law School faculty includes no minority women, Chmura said Professor of Law Elizabeth Warren is Native American.”

The Harvard Crimson reported similar information in 1998[3]:

Harvard Law School currently has only one tenured minority woman, Gottlieb Professor of Law Elizabeth Warren, who is Native American.

Prior to the Herald report, the public was unaware that Warren claimed to be Cherokee. In none of the public interviews[4] or testimony she gave prior to that point had Warren revealed that she was Native American.

In the introductory campaign video explaining “Who I Am,”[5]Warren did not mention being Native American.

When confronted by reporters, Warren claimed not to know why Harvard[6] was promoting her as Native American, and said that she only learned of it by reading the newspaper reports
- See more at: elizabethwarrenwiki.org...

Yeah, we need another one of those "learned of it by reading the newspaper reports". Warren is downright pathetic.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Detailed genealogical investigation by a group of Cherokee genealogists[31] showed that Warren had no Cherokee or other Native American ancestry. The findings are set forth at the blog Thoughts From Polly’s Grandaughter[32] which based the research on over one hundred primary sources,[33] and detailed the findings:

The team and I have done an exhaustive search on the genealogy of Elizabeth Warren. We have researched ALL of her ancestral lines, but have only posted those she claimed were Indian here in the blog. None of her direct line ancestors are ever shown to be anything other than white, dating back to long before the Trail of Tears.
- See more at: elizabethwarrenwiki.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
What does the Harvard native american thing have to do with anything? Do you even know how she ended up at Harvard? She didn't go there right after high school

Her family is from Indian territory (now Oklahoma). Her parents said they were Native American, like many many white people do. I've met tons of white folk who claim they have some Native American blood. Seriously though why does it affect her ability to govern?

As to support of Israel, that's been canon for any politician since forever. How many politicians in America are pro Palestine? Seriously I've never heard of one major politician who is publicly anti Israel. Even if they exist they are a massive minority.

Israel support is a silly dealbreaker. They all support Israel.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

"A Massachusetts genealogist said he uncovered evidence that Warren's great-great-great grandmother had listed herself as Cherokee in an 1894 document. That would make Warren a 1/32nd American Indian."

m.huffpost.com...

Sounds like her ancestor claimed being native american and passed it along to her descendants.

More importantly if the worst dirt they can find on her is this she's pretty clean.. Seems like she's a real human being with imperfections who nonetheless has been an upstanding citizen her whole life.

Yesterday Republicans elected a violent corrupt politician who's currently being investigated for actual crimes. Is claiming you have an ancestor who was Native American really so bad?

m.wsj.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join