It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UTA grad isolated at New Jersey hospital as part of Ebola quarantine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Interesting story from a returning nurse who arrived in New Jersey and apparently was quarantined.

She was coming back from Sierra Leone.

Read the steps involved.

I am a nurse who has just returned to the U.S. after working with Doctors Without Borders in Sierra Leone - an Ebola-affected country. I have been quarantined in New Jersey. This is not a situation I would wish on anyone, and I am scared for those who will follow me.

I am scared about how health care workers will be treated at airports when they declare that they have been fighting Ebola in West Africa. I am scared that, like me, they will arrive and see a frenzy of disorganization, fear and, most frightening, quarantine.

I arrived at the Newark Liberty International Airport around 1 p.m. on Friday, after a grueling two-day journey from Sierra Leone. I walked up to the immigration official at the airport and was greeted with a big smile and a “hello.”

UTA grad isolated at New Jersey hospital as part of Ebola quarantine

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well I for one don't feel too bad for her. She is acting like she has been imprisoned, which I guess she technically has been, but what's the alternative? I think they are doing a good thing here, I think some of the Doctors and Nurses are just too arrogant to think they could ever be infected!

That NYC guy..... Friday I had "The Today Show" on and in one fluid breath they said he had been "self isolating" but that he had went jogging, bowling and rode a subway, and took an Uber cab, um you can't self isolate and then go out among hundreds of people and still call it self isolating!!! I think a mandatory quarantine is needed here.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Sounds like there was a lot of confusion and people not knowing what they were doing at the airport, but she should be glad they were attempting to ensure she is healthy before letting her go.

I find the ebola gloom and doom on ATS ridiculous, but in this case, I feel they did the right thing.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

She's the one that's scarded!

Maybe she should go talk to people that were in the bowling alley with the doctor that night. Or maybe she should talk with the staff that has to treat him or the neighbors living next to him.

This feeling of entitlement these 'heros' have disgusts me.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
A number of health care workers in the Ebola hot spots have become ill.

I think that it would be prudent to impose a 21 day quarantine on health care workers. But, lets recognize their self sacrifice and put them up in some posh accommodations. Make the quarantine area like a 4 star hotel with good food, room service and all the extras

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I dont get her point. I do but I dont agree. You cant be inconvenienced to follow basic medical procedure? You can go to Africa and be knee deep in an epidemic but cant understand a basic practice in epidemiology?

Sorry... I applaud her efforts over there. I am not an animal or insensitive to the good she may have done. I just dont think she has a right to put others at risk. Every case for the most part where this virus has traveled out of Africa has been by people working in relief efforts. This isnt random or uncalled for.

Dont go if you cant understand this response. Really.

edit on 10 25 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join