It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

waking up asleep

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Iv had this happen to me......but a bit different....im only 20 now and have had this since i was around 14....it started off the way regular sleep parlaysis works..from what i know...thiers a chemical in your brain that turns off your body while your asleep so that when your dreaming off running around your dont get up and run around..i used to suffer from paralysis on the same terms i would wake up paralyzed and experience the same as you would ( forgive my spelling, it really bites)
but about a year and half ago it started to get odd..instead of waking up paralyzed...i would be fully awake usually around 5 in the morning and my mind would start to zoom off...sorta like warp speed in star trek.if anyone knows what im talking about...it would zoom off and my body would start to go paralyzed...and i would lay thier cant move cant talk, nothing..it was scarier than before. this happened for about 3-4 months...then during one account..i woke up around the same time.....the same thing happend...my mind zoomed off.....but this time...i was floating in the air..i the clouds...and i looked down at his cloud.and it kinda looked like an island...with big green crystal towers and a man in white with a long white beard..kinda like gandalf..and a cane...that totaly tripped me out. well if stopped for about a month and happend again once more this time, same scenerio...mind zooms off..i was still in bed though...and i heard the simpsons...yeah..i know its #ed..lol..and i cold hear bart mumbling something...i dunno what...then i heard lisa say.."your special"...lol...after that its been just normal sleep paralaysis for me...and it does not happen that much...iv never gone to a doctor about it...cuz..well..its kinda cool when it happens, scary..but still....intriguing....thats my story.....i hope someones had the same experience as me..if you had...do tell?..
thanks...Deep

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
hi zero sleep paralyisis is exactly that paralysed...no running no shooting guns no fantasies about lisa simpson.what your getting confused with is something you think you have the same level of consciousness for..................phimes this thread was my way of telling people i could help those worried by the things you describe.i know how to beat it and im not the only one.im not interested in what people think it is,spiritual religious or from what you have put alien. what makes you think without looking that it was an alien rather than a spirit.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
hey Cat..when you said beat it..can your tell about more about what that meant.....see when my mind started zooming off...and i was awake when this happened..i would have no control what so ever.....but as time progressed and i felt like my mind was starting to zoom off, i would tense up and sorta fight it, it seems to have worked. Could you tell me what you meant please, im not saying if it were aliens.i dunno what the hell caused me to feel what i did, i dont thin its sleep paralysis..this happens to me when im awake. My older cuz told me that i might my tapping into some sorta pychic powers, or something...i dunno though..lol
Deep

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
when i said beat it i was talking about getting rid of the guy in the corner or unwanted visitors people report when experiencing this.i keep reading about people on medication and suffering depression because of it and cant understand why something that is so simple to do has been overlooked.if people have experienced this once or twice and were terrified i can understand the fear they feel,but when someone is so traumatised they have to go to sleep experts doctors and psychiatrists i cant understand why these people if they know nothing about it insist on treating it with prozac and stuff.it really annoys me when people put their trust in people like this only to be caused more long term harm because they have a reputation to protect.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I always as long as i rember had choppy sleep i would wake while dreaming and jus turn over or switch position fall alseep and cont. the same dream

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
You don't want to know.

I was attacked by Cat woman and Batman, while having sleep paralysis.

You dont want to know.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Foxstriker,
I had Lisa Simpson and Bart simpson tell me i was special during one episode of sleep paralysis.
Your not the only one with odd encounters.
Deep

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I think there are enough of us to start a support group.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
i was just researching this stuff because what you are describing happened to me last night. I was asleep and had a dream, just a regular dream, i was scared of a snake in the water where my boat was. when i woke up i couldnt move or speak at all, i felt like electricity was running through my body. The thing that really freaked me out was the voice, i heard a deep voice speaking gibberish right into my ear. This was not people out side or in the other room, it was 2 am and i could hear it right in my ear. i really couldnt sleep the rest of the night.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Sorry I have not taken the time to read your entire thread as I should be asleep myself. I, unfortunately have to work nights as I am a sleep technician, or polysomnographer.

The fact that this happens in certain positions, you stop breathing and that it happens around 0600 tells me that this is most likely sleep apnea related. Your deepest REM stage usually happens in the 0500-0600 time frame, you are choking, and waking rapidly from REM sleep, this is causing you to have these experiences, I will bet on it. You should ignore this New Age OBE stuff, go to your physician, tell him you suspect that you have Sleep paralysis/sleep apnea, and you would like to have a sleep study done. Once they do this they can tell you exactly what is happening to you. The reason that I say to ignore the OBE stuff is that you can hallucinate if your brain is in some stages of sleep, yet it will seem very real to you. I have too often seen people think some weird thing is happening to them, or be in denial over what is really happening, when in reality it is simply your half asleep mind playing tricks on you and is easily fixed.

I will try and read the rest of the thread later on tonight when I am at work…

top topics

<< 1   >>

join